IT Service Manager II (Incident/Problem Management)
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
As the Incident/Problem Manager, you will oversee all aspects of the Incident & Problem Management process, from identification to resolution. If you have an obsessive focus on troubleshooting, service levels, standardizing processes, meaningful metrics, insightful root cause analysis and enjoy driving continuous improvements, then this is the right opportunity for you.
The IT Incident & Problem Manager will be responsible for working closely with product teams, client service teams, software developers, the NOC, SREs and infrastructure teams to drive complex outages to resolution in a timely and effective manner through coordination of internal teams and third-party vendors. Also, the IT Incident and Problem Manager will drive continuous improvement activities including root-cause analysis of IT problems and proactive trend analysis of IT incidents to identify corrective and preventative actions and measures and will act as an escalation point for the team for leadership and our business partners focusing on driving down incident count, reducing MTTR and incident duration.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead, facilitate and coordinate the Incident and Problem Management related service restoration bridges and meetings to assure adherence to approved policies and procedures.
- Participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation.
- Triage all the appropriate support teams for expedite troubleshooting within a technical bridge and business bridges.
- Acting in a leadership style capacity and having general oversight on our most significant Major Incident events.
- Lead problem management review investigations after each major incident to establish root cause and corrective actions.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with stakeholders to create and support the incident and problem management processes.
- Generate KRI/KPI reporting to measure success of the incident and problem management process, trend analysis reports of recurring incidents, monthly metrics major incidents and problems and other reports as required.
- Initiate actions to resolve potential interruptions to service identified during proactive and trending analysis of IT incidents.
- Must be able to take the initiative and be a self-starter.
- Enterprise major incident command and control experience managing bridges across several IT disciplines to ensure to ensure timely resolutions and proper documentation.
- Experience with application or infrastructure technical analysis, such as reading logs, alerts, and monitors.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure components: servers, storage, networking, and security.
- Experience in crafting clear and concise incident status updates suitable for an executive level IT and business leadership audience required.
- Experience gathering and incident and problem management process metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management processes, specifically around incident and problem management.
- Experience with high availability/incident response (on call).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluent in English verbal and written.
Some of the soft skills / abilities required for you to be successful in this role include:
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Deductive Reasoning.
- Leadership – Capacity, Capability, and Competency (“Leaders inspire other to take action”)
- Commanding presence.
- Active Listening.
- Great Team Player Characteristics.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude to “control the chaos”.
- Ability and confidence to act decisively and take constructive feedback onboard.
- Exercise influence over a wide variety of individuals at all levels of technical & business leadership.
- Ability to multi-task and make good judgments in a dynamic and high impact environment.
- Ability to challenge the assumptions and information that does not reflect accurately the situation at hand.
- Excellent phone / video presence and verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong relationship management and client centric mindset.
- Ability to learn, develop and execute quickly.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- ITIL certification.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software and systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development and transition into production operations and maintenance.
- Experience including software development, Unix systems administration, and cloud-based application management.
- Experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises.
- Strong formation in running incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated in ITSM and/or Information Technology. Or any equivalent combination of experience training, and/or education.
- 4+ years of work experience
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.