Staff Data Engineer
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
Summary of Position
Data Engineers are primarily responsible for creating data pipelines and transforming them into usable data that is stored in Cloud stores or relational databases. They determine the best ways to ingest, manipulate data in the database management system, as well as test programs for efficiency, performance and troubleshoot and correct problems. Individuals are expected to analyze and review business requirement documents, Source to Target Mappings and complex data models. Will be responsible for the end-to-end development and testing of the ETL data pipeline processes, including documenting technical data flows between operational systems. Candidates should have proven experience designing and developing transformation rules to support sourcing from transaction databases.
You flourish in a fast paced and highly collaborative team environment. You are a quick learner and have the expert ability to prioritize tasks efficiently, while delivering high quality work. You understand that solutions provided by a Developer, support in empowering an organization’s business in decision making. You will be part of a great working atmosphere, performing complex work in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers. You will have the opportunity to make an impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of cloud core services; networks topologies, storage, load balancing, virtual machines, databases, containers, messaging, server-less, logging and monitoring
- DevOps with infrastructure as code, including: Hashi Corp Terraform, Git and Jenkins
- Configuration of security controls, including: Firewalls, Policy, ACLS, IAM, Encryption, etc.
- Designing, deploying, and supporting Active Directory and Azure AD related technologies (SSO, SCIM, Intune)
- Configuration, management, and monitoring of Azure Cloud Adoption Framework technologies, Microsoft 365 E5 technologies, and Microsoft Exchange Online
- Identitying and authentication (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, Conditional Access and SSO)
- Partner with Data Science, Backend Engineering and Product Management to build and expand new features throughout a full product lifecycle.
- Establish best coding practices, team culture and architectural reviews.
- Maintain the availability of the production environment on a rotational basis.
- Train other data engineers in best practices in maintaining the production environment.
- Well versed with all phases of SDLC across environments.
- Other duties as assigned.
The time spent on each responsibility reflects an estimate and is subject to change dependent on business needs.
Qualifications Expected for Position
- Experience delivering solutions for enterprise level systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g., computer science, business information systems) required; year of work experience may be substituted.
- Master in degree in relative field is a plus.
- Proven expertise in Data Analysis, profiling, and data cleansing in a VLDB environment
- Experience with any scripting or programming language like Python, Shell etc.
- Knowledge and familiarity with database security concepts and standard methodologies.
- Experience with clinical or healthcare data a plus.
- 1+ years of experience working as a Cloud Engineer
- 9+ years of experience in data warehouse environment.
- 7+ years of experience working with platform design and development.
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis/data mining.
- 5+ years of working experience in Agile and scrum methodology.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.