Software Engineer III - Fullstack
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
Summary of Position
If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a difference in a meaningful field, don’t overlook this career opportunity. As our new Software Engineer III, you’ll have the satisfaction of seeing tangible results of your ingenuity as you develop features, experiences and integrations that delight the user. Your contributions will significantly impact Teladoc’s brand as a trailblazer in healthcare technology.
You should have experience in a major backend framework, as well as a willingness to write unit tests, integration tests, and generally support our testing automation efforts. Front-end experience is a plus, but not required. On a daily basis you’ll be designing and documenting new features, modeling database schema, building APIs or microservices, supporting/mentoring your teammates, and enhancing our development and delivery process through new tools.
In addition to strong technical know-how, core competencies that will help ensure your success in this role include innovative analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced development cycles. Accelerate your career with an industry leader experiencing astronomical growth and innovation in the field of high-tech healthcare solutions. Teladoc’s talented and diverse tech team is making a positive impact on the lives of millions of people suffering from chronic health conditions. We’d like you to be a part of it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build APIs for web and mobile consumption
- Develop integrations to enhance the user experience
- Model database schema in MySQL
- Design associated object models in Ruby
- Build easy-to-use, well-tested, scalable microservices
- Enhance our development and delivery process through new tools
- Work with QA to enhance product quality through automation
- Analyze and fix bugs and other issues The time spent on each responsibility reflects an estimate and is subject to change dependent on business needs.
Qualifications Expected for Position
- 3+ years’ experience as Software Engineer
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
- Strong software development experience with server-side proficiency on Ruby (Rails)
- Proven experience designing APIs whether in RESTful, GraphQL or gRPC microservices style
- Proficiency in automated testing, writing unit tests and working knowledge of continuous integration environments
- Strong foundation in data structures, design patterns, OOP/OOD and architecture principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of MySQL or another RDBMS including schema design, querying, etc.
- Supported a continuous integration process
- Superb attention to the details that delight users
- Proven experience with multiple product iterations and releases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced, iterative development cycles
- A passion for giving and receiving feedback in a team environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience completing a release cycle for a consumer-facing product/company
- Experience with container services, Kubernetes, or managing Amazon Web Services environments
- Experience with Kafka, data warehousing and/or AWS Redshift
- Experience with healthcare or consumer medical devices and apps
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.