Staff Software Engineer (SRE) - Warsaw, Poland (Hybrid)
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
As a Teladoc Engineer you should have relentless passion for working on technology that is transformative and critically important to helping the lives of people requiring medical attention.
As a Staff Engineer we expect you to be able to take on any objective in the engineering domain. You will be interfacing with product, operations, senior management, and all levels of engineers. You will mentor junior engineers. You will explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders. You will have opportunities to set technical direction for legacy projects and design new solutions to problems in your domain.
- Work with several existing teams to design and implement solutions to problems in well established applications.
- Design and implement replacements for obsolete or defunct mechanisms.
- Communicate complex concepts to junior engineers including documentation.
- Communicate complex concepts to management and stakeholders including documentation and presentation of projects.
- Pay special attention to non-functional concerns, such as observability, availability, scalability, resiliency, and security.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Stay current with the larger software engineering community and promote adoption of beneficial patterns and practices.
- Lead projects from conception to completion, including delegation to teams or collaborating engineers.
- Become a subject matter expert in the Teladoc's tech stacks.
- Help triage, diagnose, and mitigate major incidents.
- 5+ years of software development in a variety of roles
- 2+ years operations or operational automation
- Expert level knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, .Net, Ruby, Python)
- Familiarity with SQL, mysql
- Competency in at least one scripting language (ruby, python, shell, perl)
- Familiarity with REST, gRPC, Kafka
- Comfortable with Kubernetes, helm
- Experience with CICD concepts and systems
- Agile methodologies
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Teladoc Health serves the world's leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence.
Job Description Acknowledgment
This job description is a general overview of nature and level of work performed by employees with this job designation It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this position. Management reserves the right to add, delete, and/or modify any of the job duties or requirements at any time. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above job description. By signing this job description, I understand the duties that are expected of me.
#Hybrid - Warsaw
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.