Senior, Operations Business Analyst
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
The Sr. Operations Business Analyst will play a key role in providing actionable decision support as it relates to Teladoc’s clinical operational programs. The Sr. Operations Business Analyst will be proficient in manipulating and analyzing various data sources using Tableau and MySQL. Using these tools, the Sr. Operations Business Analyst will provide data-driven decision support to identify and communicate operational and financial risks and opportunities in engaging and efficient ways. The analyst must comprehend business objectives and develop or utilize tools and reports to support the needs of the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate dashboards and reports for Teladoc management showing key metrics that help drive optimum resource utilization and evaluate provider performance in comparison to expectations set in budgeted models
- Lead analysis efforts and investigate business issues and risks using quantitative tools and modeling techniques, communicating recommendations to stakeholders
- Apply strong functional and application knowledge while analyzing data and determining ways to make data actionable including recommendations for process improvement
- Designs, develops, and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for clinical operations and product enhancement.
- Trend, track, and monitor product KPI metrics, looking for deviations and escalating as appropriate
- Provide peer leadership within an existing high performing team to deliver high quality standard reporting with recommendations to senior leadership to guide decision making
- Work with a high degree of independence within team and across division, collaborating cross-functionally to meet organizational and division goals
- Provide short- and long-term forecasts for various services provided by Teladoc
- Analyze, manipulate, and act on Teladoc generated forecasts
- Proactively analyze the profiles of network physicians looking for variances and communicate any required adjustments based on actual and forecasted needs
- Build successful interpersonal relationships with business partners, leadership team across the Teladoc organization
- Assist in the development of strategic objectives and tactical planning for the team translating strategy into tactical plans and determining how data can support these efforts.
- Perform other duties, as needed
Qualifications Expected for Position
- Experience with SQL is preferred
- Work-related experience with Python is preferred
- Quantitative analysis and computational skills, problem resolution, and risk management skills providing an attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Ability to prepare and present written and verbal reports
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 6-8 years’ experience in call center operations or similar work environment or experience with time series forecasting
The above qualifications, knowledge, experience, and/or background are expected but not required for this role.
The below qualifications, knowledge, experience, and/or background are required for this role.
- Proficient in creating dashboards using data visualization software (Tableau)
- Proficient in Excel
- 5-8 years of data analysis experience in a healthcare setting addressing staffing/scheduling requirements
The starting base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $95,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for performance bonus, RSU’s, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2023. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.
Teladoc Health respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information. In furtherance of your employment relationship with Teladoc Health, we collect personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Personal information is defined as: Any information or set of information relating to you, including (a) all information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, and (b) all information that any applicable law treats as personal information. Teladoc Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices for U.S. Employees’ Personal information is available at this link.