Medical Records Coordinator
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
The Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of Medical Records collection, organization, management, tracking and returns in a fast paced, professional environment. The Coordinator contacts and builds relationships with external physicians’ offices, imaging and medical facilities for medical records, tracks and sorts incoming information, organizes the records within each case and ensures quality and timeliness of case completion. Records pertinent to case management come in many forms including physician dictated clinic doctors’ notes, image studies (x-rays, EGK, MRI/CT) x-rays and pathology slides all which need to be sorted, verified, uploaded, reviewed and in some cases, returned.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection and administration of medical records and related information from doctors’ offices, hospitals and facilities
- Work directly with clinical staff (RN’s & MD’s) to facilitate and expedite cases
- Develop and maintain relationships with medical record facilities
- Think creatively to prevent and mitigate case delays, influence external entities to secure medical
- records and files
- Ensure timely and accurate follow-up of all assigned cases and facilities
- Document case information timely, clearly and concisely
- Ensure all casework and processes (Medical Records, Imaging and Specimen Samples) follow HIPAA compliant protocols with all parties encountered throughout the process
- Ensure the highest quality and timeliness for outgoing Expert Opinion reports and communications
- Maintain filing and storage systems as required for electronic and CDs and physical records
- Other duties, as needed
The base salary range for this position is $19.00 - $22.00/hour. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for performance bonus, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2023. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.