Senior HVAC Technician
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
A Senior HVAC Technician will possess the knowledge and understanding of how to complete a wide range of HVAC tasks, which includes but is not limited to, routine maintenance & service, installation, troubleshooting & repairing HVAC systems, other miscellaneous home repairs as assigned. These tasks involve a thorough understanding of the proper installation of new HVAC system components, parts and/or equipment in order to facilitate a proper repair. These repairs will be applicable to residential, commercial and light industrial applications
What You'll Do:
- Intermediate to advance skills in troubleshooting all heating, cooling and indoor air quality equipment.
- Independent and self-starting on a wide range of intermediate HVAC service issues, needs and problems.
- Detailed orientation to complete projects and assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Create positive experiences with customers during all customer interactions.
- Coordinate with Service Coordinator.
- Identify/complete any/all additional tasks required to complete the service call in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory on service vehicle.
- Attend service and safety meetings.
- Drive to multiple service locations each day.
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance/repairs of company service vehicle. including routine maintenance, repairs, and maintaining a clean and well-organized exterior/interior.
- Professional appearance and attitude, well-groomed and a clean uniform.
- Assist other Service Technicians with questions and troubleshooting.
- Cross training and assisting other company departments.
- Complete the forms required for processing warranty parts.
- Effectively operate basic HVAC service and hand tools.
- Responsible for rotating on-call schedule.
- Obtain and/or maintain NATE certification.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis where overtime may be required
- Travel requirements: this position is based 100% in the field
- Must be able to lift, push, pull 50lbs regularly; up to 75lbs occasionally; and 75+lbs with assistance
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions to resolve problems
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of a back brace, safety goggles, and gloves when appropriate
- Maintain a positive attitude that aligns with company culture.
- Ability to explain and present items necessary for making the appropriate and proper repairs.
- Complete required training courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned
You Should Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of maintenance experience (must include minimum 3 years HVAC experience)
- Specializes in HVAC systems maintenance, installation, and repairs
- Possess a valid state Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Assist with training new hires via ride along and partnership with leadership
- Must pass an MVR check to drive a company vehicle
- Effective use of mobile devices including cellphones, tablets and credit card payment devices.
- Current OSHA 10 Hour certification or passing OSHA 10 Hour safety course facilitated by the company during orientation.
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.