Director of Finance - Investment banking experience required
Accounting & Finance
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
As Director of Finance, you will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with him to help drive all aspects of financial strategy, financial reporting, and execution of financial goals. This includes partnering directly with executives, shareholders, and the rest of the finance team to help execute key initiatives and deliverables.
You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for those of you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
Working day to day with the CFO you will learn a tremendous amount about managing a P&L, cash flow, forecasting, financial reporting, investor relations, executive presentations, budgeting, managing rapid growth, and much more.
What You'll Do:
- You will lead required and ad hoc reporting to the company’s equity and debt holders.
- You will assist with developing Board and C-Team presentations.
- You will apply business and financial acumen to facilitate delivery of company Adj. EBITDA targets.
- You will identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of reporting functions.
- You will provide insights through financial analysis to support decision-making within the organization.
- You will participate in corporate FP&A meetings such as executive corporate forecast reviews and budget vs. actuals reviews.
- You will support all aspects of the annual strategy planning / capital allocation process.
- You will help in all aspects of P&L and cash flow ownership and management.
- You will own assessing company performance against annual Bonus goals.
You Should Have:
- 5-8 years of experience in business analytics, financial modeling, forecasting, and strategy in a dynamic environment.
- 3-5 years Investment banking experience required.
- 3-4 years corporate finance required.
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and highly responsive customer service mindset.
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills for frequent interaction with company leaders.
- Concern for high-quality deliverables and deadlines.
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.