Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
Lessen is one of the fastest growing companies in the real estate services industry. Our proprietary technology platform provides clients with portfolio dashboards, the ability to review and approve project estimates, check in on project progress in real time and pay vendors all in one place! But we aren’t just a tech company. We are also a property service delivery company offering renovations, turns and maintenance to residential and commercial clients. Lessen recently acquired SMS Assist, an industry-leading facilities maintenance technology and delivery company. The new combined national footprint will serve more than 250,000 properties, facilitate approximately 2.5 million repair and maintenance orders, and complete nearly 20,000 renovation and turn projects per year. Lessen has quickly evolved from exciting startup to valued partner, delivering scalable and turnkey property services to our clients.
Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on properties within our portfolio.
You will have the ability to “own” your work orders and have the freedom to manage your budget and schedule. You will be in the field working on an average of 5-6 work orders a day for general maintenance services. We prioritize quality, over quantity, to provide excellent customer service to our clients. We are looking for forward thinking, and solution-oriented techs who want to grow with our brand as we expand our locations nationally.
• Quarterly Bonus! You will be eligible for a quarterly discretionary bonus of up to 5% of quarterly earnings
• No on-call! Weekday schedule!
• The company will provide a tool/equipment allowance of $50 per month
• The company will provide a cell phone allowance of $50 per month
• Mileage reimbursement
• Provide OSHA training
• Competitive hourly rate and corporate-level benefits!
What You'll Do
- Respond, as directed, promptly and professionally to work order requests
- Ensure work is performed in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with scheduling, overseeing, and communicating with contractors to obtain bids and checking work for completeness
- Purchase maintenance supplies as needed for the property
- Perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs in the areas of plumbing, appliances, pool equipment, carpentry, sheetrock, exterior and basic electrical issues
You Should Have
- Ability to travel within your region: this position is based 100% in the field
- 3 years of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade
- Basic experience in all standard trades (plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry)
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- This position requires driving a personal vehicle. A qualified vehicle must be capable of hauling appliances such as a dishwasher. Acceptable vehicle classes are a truck, van, or SUV.
- Ability to provide your own standard tools as required to perform maintenance repair
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions to resolve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to comply with all safety regulations, including the use of a back brace, safety goggles, and gloves when appropriate
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
· Competitive compensation
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability options
· 401K retirement savings plan
· Paid vacation, federal and floating holidays
· Maternity/Paternity Pay
· Career advancement opportunities
· All the tools you’ll need to be successful
Lessen is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and will help us amplify the positive & inclusive culture we’ve been building. Lessen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.