Software Engineer - Site Reliability
At Lacework, we strive to provide a supportive, collaborative environment where people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
Our team members enjoy solving complex problems, big sky thinking, and obsess over getting the details right. We love what we do and are proud of our work to secure clouds and container environments for thousands of users worldwide.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for engineers with passion for automation. You will help support the Lacework service and play a key role in building, operating, and improving the Lacework Cloud Security Platform, the world's best real-time cloud-native threat detection system.
Our team develops and supports services that perform automated operations in order to scale the Lacework infrastructure & service. To do that, we build and support observability tooling and work with engineering to continually build more telemetry and observability into the services. To be successful you will conceive, define develop, deploy and operate internal tooling, APIs, and frameworks which streamline our workflows and automate our infrastructure,
You will provide top tier support for our services and keep them highly available. You know that the only thing that matters is Customer Happiness.
- Automation. Automation. Automation.
- Design, build and improve service scalability, resiliency, and efficiencies across the company.
- Identify mission-critical problems and solve them via automation, tooling, communication, and informed design.
- Build and improve monitoring and instrumentation to predict future scalability or failure risks and solve them before they manifest into customer-facing issues.
- Facilitate company-wide visibility into key metrics, SLAs, and milestones so that scale and resiliency are a part of every conversation.
- Develop best practices alongside engineering/operations teams to improve the scalability and reliability of internal processes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Your Professional Profile:
- 13+ years DevOps experience
- Strong development and automation skills.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc).
- Extensive experience with a variety of AWS services (e.g. ECS, Lambda, S3, EC2, RDS, EFS, ALB, VPC).
- Experience building production quality cloud infrastructure that enables reliable and rapid deployment of microservices with effective monitoring and resilient operations.
- Strong passion for improving the lives of coworkers while ensuring a stable, reliable experience for customers.
- Strong cross-team communication skills.
- Experience with the building blocks of large-scale systems including load balancing, distributed/cloud computing, containers, instrumentation, and monitoring.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages (Python, Ruby, Golang….).
Any of the following would be additionally beneficial:
- Desire to "build for lazy" and build systems and computers that reason for us
- Experience with Java application servers and JVM configuration
- Experience with monitoring & observability systems like Prometheus or DataDog and tools or frameworks like telegraf and OpenTracing
- Believe everything should be "as code"
- Experience in Systems, Operations, or Full-Stack Development is a major bonus
Salary Range: $190k - $300k USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus + Equity Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, education/training and skill level.
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law