Software Engineer - Infrastructure
At Lacework, we strive to provide a supportive, collaborative environment where people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
Our team members enjoy solving complex problems, big sky thinking, and obsess over getting the details right. We love what we do and are proud of our work to secure clouds and container environments for thousands of users worldwide.
Lacework is seeking experienced Software Engineers to help build our world class, next generation security platform. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building systems that need to scale 10X and beyond. We are open to candidates of all levels of experience with distributed systems and backend infrastructure.
As a member of our team, we look first and foremost for people who are energized by solving business problems through high quality innovation and principled engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals.
We're looking for people who care about service ownership from inception to production. Our highly collaborative environment requires clear, detailed communication and ability to build relationships inside and across teams to achieve great results together.
- Code quickly with high quality using primarily Rust, Go, Python, and/or Java
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Establish self as an owner of a particular component, feature or system with expert end-to-end understanding
- Successfully completes projects at varying scopes while maintaining a consistent high level of productivity
- 13+ yrs experience designing, building, and owning large distributed systems
- Professional experience in either Rust, Go, C++, Java, Python or other relevant coding languages
- Professional experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Professional experience designing, analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Professional extensive experience profiling, debugging, and performance tuning complex distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with one or more distributed systems technologies, such as…
- Data processing (Kafka, Snowflake, ETL, Stream Processing, ...)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, DynamoDB…)
- Cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS/GCP/Azure, …)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Bachelor's Degree or better in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
Salary Range: $190k - $300k USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus + Equity
Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, education/training and skill level.
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law