Software Engineer - Developer Infrastructure
At Lacework, we strive to provide a supportive, collaborative environment where people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
Our team members enjoy solving complex problems, big sky thinking, and obsess over getting the details right. We love what we do and are proud of our work to secure clouds and container environments for thousands of users worldwide.
Lacework is seeking experienced Software and DevOps Engineers for our Developer Infrastructure Organization.
An engineer in the DevInfra group will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the software and service infrastructure that supports the full development lifecycle of Lacework Applications. There are opportunities to design and shape how code is authored, built, packaged, tested, deployed, and more. Engineers for Developer Infrastructure should be collaborative and work cross-functionally as well as with product teams to continuously improve the experience and productivity of all Lacework engineers.
- Design, develop, and maintain the software and services tools and infrastructure that supports the SDLC of Lacework services
- Collaborate with engineers across the company to understand. improve, and roll out enhanced software development procedures
- Code quickly with high quality using primarily Rust, Go, Python, and/or Java
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources as well as establishing customer-focused SLOs
- Establish self as an owner of a particular component, feature or system with expert end-to-end understanding
- Successfully complete projects at varying scope while maintaining a consistent high level of quality and customer delight
- Educate and support engineers on new and existing dev platform offerings to increase adoption and customer success
- 10+ yrs experience designing, building, and owning large distributed systems
- Professional experience in either Rust, Go, C++, Java, Python or other relevant coding languages
- Professional experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar
- Professional experience designing, analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Professional experience profiling, debugging, and performance tuning complex distributed systems
- Experience with a variety of software development technologies, including source code management systems, build automation tools, and testing frameworks
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS development or 3+ years in engineering productivity teams
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with a wide array of devops-centric open source tools such as ArgoCD, ArgoRollouts, Backstage, Bazel, Locust, Terraform
- Experience with (remote) dev and test environments and IDE integrations
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Bachelor's Degree or better in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law