Software Engineer, Linux Agent
At Lacework, we strive to provide a supportive, collaborative environment where people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
Our team members enjoy solving complex problems, big sky thinking, and obsess over getting the details right. We love what we do and are proud of our work to secure clouds and container environments for thousands of users worldwide.
Lacework Agent is a crucial component of our cloud workload portfolio. It collects data with all the context needed for providing customers with complete runtime visibility into their security posture. It also feeds this data into various modeling algorithms that generate events to inform customers of any malicious activity that may occur within their workloads.
It is deployed on hundreds of thousands of machines and continues to scale. Key objective is to to serve Cloud Security use cases without losing data fidelity while supporting a wide range of Kubernetes/cloud environments.
- Responsible for design, development, deployment and troubleshooting
- Responsible for unit, integration, functional and performance testing of their code
- Works with cross functional team to solve real security challenges for our customers by augmenting Lacework agent's metadata collection capabilities
- Performance tuning, load testing, data reduction and optimization of information/data processing of production environments
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer facing production service issues
- Partner with PMs, Architects and Customers to understand use cases and design considerations and define future roadmap
- Must have strong system programming, data structures and algorithms experience
- Experience with one of Golang, C/C++ or Rust programming
- Experience with Linux OS internals, multi threaded programming and networking
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience with cpu, memory and general resource profiling and tuning is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus
We are a small and dynamic team – join us and be part of the three fastest growing enterprise software markets: cloud, security, and machine learning.
Salary Range: $119k - $300k USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus + Equity
Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, education/training and skill level.
Location: Mountain View, CA | Seattle, WA
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law