Technical Support Engineer
At Lacework, we strive to provide a supportive, collaborative environment where people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
Our team members enjoy solving complex problems, big sky thinking, and obsess over getting the details right. We love what we do and are proud of our work to secure clouds and container environments for thousands of users worldwide.
Lacework is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical leadership to both our customers and our wider Lacework organization. This person will be responsible for the triaging, debugging and solving issues that our customers encounter through the use of our platform. They will also be responsible for the technical customer relationship, becoming a trusted advisor and helping the customer achieve their goals, while advocating internally for their customers. This person is excited about joining a growing, high performing Cloud Security business and thrives in being part of a bold, fast paced, transparent and values-driven team.
Job Location - Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Provide in-depth technical support to Lacework customers
- Partner closely with our customer success, sales and engineering teams to provide a world class customer experience
- Act as a technical expert while providing customers with best practices to maximize usage of the Lacework Polygraph platform
- Identify bugs and gaps in the platform and work with engineering and product teams to resolve these issues
- Advocate for the customer and their needs within Lacework
- Handle and prioritize customer escalations to ensure a timely resolution while keeping the customer informed
- Create internal and external knowledge base articles to enable customers and drive faster issue resolution times
- Previous experience in an enterprise technical support team or similar customer facing role
- Strong written and verbal customer service communication skills
- Experience resolving complex customer issues and prioritizing escalations
- Experience with SaaS products and/or supporting SaaS based products
- Experience with at least one cloud platform: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or Windows platforms with the ability to identify and resolve OS level issues
- Strong knowledge of networking topics
- Experience with reading/debugging at least one of the following languages: Java, Go, Python
- Experience reading/debugging SQL
- Experience with container and/or container orchestration technologies
- Desire to learn new technologies and challenges they are presented with
- Must be available to work some weekends/holidays
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud based security
- Experience managing requests via a ticketing platform (Zendesk)
- Experience with DevOps best practices, (CI/CD, builds, deployments)
- Experience with IAC and automation technologies (terraform, chef, puppet, ansible, etc.)
- AWS, Azure, GCP certifications
Lacework is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Lacework to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law
Something looks off?