Tax Manager (Remote, USA)
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
The Tax Manager will report to the Director of Global Tax and be part of a world-class finance operation inside KAYAK and OpenTable, both key brands of Booking Holdings Inc. This individual will also work collaboratively to manage the daily operations of the global tax function and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
Not only will the Tax Manager handle North and Latin Americas (NORAM) compliance and partner closely with EMEA and APAC counterparts, but also lead with outstanding project management and communication skills. If you're someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is ready, willing, and able to complete domestic and international tax initiatives required to support KAYAK and OpenTable's dynamic growth, apply today!
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual income tax provisions (prior ASC 740 experience required)
- Prepare and review global tax provision disclosures and Americas’ international tax provisions
- Manage direct and indirect tax controversy process, including reviewing and responding to notices, and liaising with auditors
- Assist with the review of monthly transfer pricing calculations and journal entries
- Review direct and indirect compliance work papers and filings, including sales and use, gross receipts, legal registrations, state income tax, property tax, value added tax, among others
- Work collaboratively with the OpenTable Kayak business functions (Accounting, FP&A, Legal, HR, etc.) as well as Booking Holdings Inc. tax and accounting functions
- Coach and develop staff to build a supportive team that encourages constant learning and career development
- Assist with the analysis of federal, state and local, and international tax planning efforts, including identification of issues, proper structuring, and implementation of effective and efficient tax strategies
- Monitor international and US legislation to assess implications on the existing structure, as well as to develop viable alternatives where changes in tax laws impact us
- Manage compliance efforts for SOX 404 for all tax function controls and documentation requirements
- Support internal audit team’s review of the income tax provision
- Assist with budgeting and billing review and approval process
Please apply if:
- 4+ years of tax work in a public accounting firm and/or multinational publicly listed company (includes international tax or transfer pricing experience)
- 4+ years experience with preparation of income tax provision supporting work papers which include ASC 740-10 (FIN 48) calculations, tax account roll forward schedules and return to provision analysis
- Prior experience managing tax compliance and provision processes
- Strong technical tax skills with emphasis on tax issues related to tax planning, indirect taxes, international tax, and transfer pricing
- Technical tax expertise; knowledge of U.S. and international tax concepts (e.g. BEAT)
- Experience with tax accounting and shared principles (e.g., ASC 740, ASC 740-10 (fka FIN 48), SOX 404)
- Proficiency using NetSuite and Salesforce
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot Table, lookup functions)
- Outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills on sophisticated tax matters to broad audiences
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $130,000-$152,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.