People Operations Specialist
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes KAYAK and OpenTable's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
People Operations at KAYAK | OpenTable is all about improving the employee experience while always considering efficiency and scalability.
As a People Operations Specialist you will play an important role in supporting our global employees and wider HR team as well as assisting the Senior Operations Specialist with standard processes and regulations in Germany.By joining the global People Operations team, you will support both KAYAK and OpenTable brands globally, with day-to-day business activities associated with people-related systems, processes, policies, and procedures!
This is a Berlin based role with a requirement to be in office a minimum of three days per week. Come join us!
In this role you will:
- Support the global workforce by providing prompt and effective responses to inquiries via Zendesk, in line with company SLAs.
- Troubleshooting the Workday HRIS system in relation to HR life cycle processes, employee and manager self service functionality
- Assist in the processing of employee lifecycle processes in Workday, including hires, onboarding, offboarding, role changes, and leave requests, in accordance with best practices.
- Conduct orientation sessions on a rotation basis for new hires in EMEA.
- Support activities relating to payroll, benefits administration, background check and identity checks across EMEA.
- Maintain employee records and Workday data ensuring it is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Assist in Workday data audits across all regions.
- Contribute to the continual development and enhancement of our processes
- Own the preparation of contracts, amendments and employment verifications, ensuring we are aligned with local legislation in Germany.
- Work with the appropriate internal and external resources to support mobility and immigration needs in Germany.
- Manage Germany specific processes such as "wet signature" process, signing documents related to HR lifecycle processes, health insurances, government bodies, and document filing.
- Act as the connection point for questions and queries from the Berlin team by directing these to the relevant business units or our Zendesk platform.
- Participate in team-identified projects/initiatives and any ad hoc projects.
Please apply if you have:
- HR Experience: Proven experience working in HR with a focus on HR Operations, HRIS management and HR process improvement, preferably in a multi-national or global company.
- Language: English and German proficiency at the least C1 level to help manage the various documents from German government agencies.
- HR Knowledge: Proven understanding of HR best practices, German legislation, HRIS systems, and HR operational processes. General HR practices for other EMEA countries is a plus. Open to learn more about APAC and NORAM and EMEA countries.
- Analytical Thinking: Uses analytical skills to understand and investigate employee issues and can apply the correct processes or procedures. Has effective problem-solving skills to address HR inquiries and seeks guidance when needed.
- Productivity: Can proficiently manage diverse HR tasks, interpret policies and processes accurately and independently, prioritise effectively, handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities and meet targets for projects and special requests.
- Communication: Can Communicate professionally and effectively - both verbally and in writing. Has the ability to provide clear and concise responses to employees, and the response addresses the inquiry and anticipates potential questions.
- Teamwork: Is able to gain trust and build relationships with immediate and wider teams and collaborates effectively. Has strong interpersonal skills and can build relationships at all levels of the organisation. Is a solution-oriented person who is a self-starter and can work independently and as a member of a global team.
- Leadership: Independently ask questions about career paths and growth and development opportunities. Continues to find opportunities to learn about areas of specialism and demonstrates a curiosity about different regions, cultures, legislation, and ways of working. Take the lead on routine day-to-day responsibilities by finding answers to issues that arise. Knowing where to direct inquiries within the organisation.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Work from (almost) anywhere policy
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week and all the snacks you need
- Generous retirement plans
- Universal paid parental leave
- Public transportation subsidies
- Bike leasing possibility
- German classes
- Free massages
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.