Senior iOS Engineer
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK’s iOS apps are used by hundreds of thousands of people around the world every day. Our mission not only is to provide the smartest tools to plan and manage people’s trips – we want to help them experience the world through travel. Do you want to be part of our vision? Do you want to engage with mission-critical systems? Do you want your work to have a direct impact on end users? If your answer to all of these is yes, then let’s get in touch!
We are currently looking for Senior iOS Engineers to join our team in Berlin. KAYAK is a global company so look forward to collaborating with colleagues from Berlin to Boston all the way to Sydney.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers and QA to define, design and ship new features
- Implement pixel-perfect UIs and take ownership of a piece of the codebase
- Champion team goals of quality, code coverage and green culture
- Contribute your technical expertise and vision to the app's infrastructure and architecture
- Maintain and advance our automation pipelines, including screenshots and localization
- Participate in a two-week rotation that includes on-call duty, releasing apps to the AppStore, dependency upgrades, green culture & bamboo agent maintenance
Please apply if you have:
- Senior-level knowledge of Swift and iOS development
- Strong computer science background with proven understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- An analytical mindset and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously while maintaining attention to detail
- Competence in collaborating with non-technical colleagues such as designers and product managers
- Passion for mobile and enthusiasm about building phenomenal products
- Efficient written and verbal English communication skills.
- App written in latest Swift modularized into several frameworks
- 99% of UI is developed using UIKit & Autolayout
- In the process of adopting SwiftUI
- Dependencies managed by Carthage
- Tooling and infrastructure in various programming languages (bash, swift, ruby, python)
- Unit, Integration, API and snapshot tests developed using XCTest
- Open source projects like SwiftGenStrings, SwiftFrame, carthage_remote_cache and attributions
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Free lunch catering 2 days per week and all the snacks you need
- Generous retirement plans
- Universal paid parental leave
- Public transportation subsidies
- Bike leasing possibility
- German classes
- Free massages
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.