Senior Accountant, Statutory Reporting
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
About Our Role
The KAYAK and OpenTable EMEA Finance team is currently seeking a Senior Accountant who will report into the Manager, Statutory Accounting, based in our London office.
The EMEA team is responsible for 14 different legal entities, with local GAAP and compliance requirements. You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and establishing relationships with distributed team members within finance and across the organisation. The Senior Accountant is responsible for many aspects of the statutory reporting activities, such as: proper application of local GAAP, preparation of audit deliverables, support in audit project management and financial statement preparation and review. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on operational improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
In this role, you will:
- Day to day audit management;
- Preparation of US GAAP to local GAAP bridges for smaller legal entities;
- Support in preparation and delivery of deliverables for audit requests;
- Initial review of financial documents and tie through to underlying bridges;
- Preparation of in-house financial documents (UK and IE);
- Liaison with external providers for tax and accounts preparation;
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility, including the building of process notes and the completeness and accuracy of source data;
- Identify areas of operational improvement, provide recommendations and complete the changes; and
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary.
You are detail oriented while also able to see the big picture. When faced with a problem, you propose a solution. You love understanding the why behind the numbers, exercise professional scepticism and maintain a natural curiosity. You have a shown ability to prioritise your work, manage to deadlines and keep your manager well advised. You can work independently but know when to ask for assistance, and you take pride in ownership over your areas. You are able to optimally communicate with team members and management.
Please apply if:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar)
- 0-2 years PQE that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices
- Experience in preparing financial statements and accounting memos preferable
- Audit / SOX background essential
- SOX background essential preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a requirement, along with a high level of attention to detail
About Our Team
Our Finance team supports the business: we provide reports, pay the bills and our people, collect money, crunch numbers and meet stringent compliance standards and deadlines – and we have fun while doing it. We enjoy working together and with our cross-functional colleagues around the world. We value integrity, personal accountability and proactive thinking, and we take pride in mentorship and in crafting opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Does this sound like you? If so, lets chat!
- Vacation: 25 days
- One Celebration Day per calendar year
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to a meditation app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- Private Health & Dental and Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pension Fund
- Universal paid parental leave
- Gym Discount
- No meetings Fridays
- Also Perkbox and Booking.com business discounts
- Amazing company social events
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.