Sales Executive (KAYAK for Business)
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Are you an ambitious, driven and energetic professional? Do you have a proven track record of success in generating leads and acquiring new accounts in B2B, ideally selling software to SMB? Do you want to work for a game changer in the travel industry? If so, we need to talk!
The ideal Sales Executive is hungry, perseverant and not afraid to hit the phone to engage with new customers and grow our sales. You will showcase excellent communication, relationship, and negotiation skills with our clients and future clients in the US market.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team with a fun and collaborative culture, helping us scale by selling a disruptive product that is changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel.
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert in KAYAK for Business
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that KAYAK for Business provides
- Present demos (scheduled by the Sales Development Representative) to potential clients and do the follow-up until closing the deal.
- Ability to conduct a high-level discussion with a broad variety of client partners, from Office Managers to CFO’s, to explain the KAYAK for Business value proposition
- Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce
- Identify and penetrate major accounts in target geographic areas, industry segments and global expansions in the United States, ensuring a strong brand identity and market presence.
- Share feedback with internal collaborators, including product management
Please apply if:
- Several years of experience in sales and customer service, preferably in a business-to-business setting
- Proven experience in successfully closing and implementing client sales
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in public speaking and delivering impactful presentations, including sales decks
- Effective negotiation skills to drive successful business outcomes
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office applications
- Adept at building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Analytical skills to assess sales data and strategize improvements.
- Problem-solving skills to address customer and team issues effectively.
- Familiarity with market trends and competition in the industry.
- Awareness of the business travel management and the supplier market sector dynamics and trends
- Some travel required
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $55,000 - $84,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: commission-based compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”