Devops Engineer (SDE II)
Who We Are
Jasper Health is a digital coaching and navigation experience that improves the lives of individuals affected by cancer and their caregivers. Our team of healthcare, technology, and consumer industry experts are dedicated to making cancer care a more human experience. Jasper Health raised $25M in Series A funding led by General Catalyst. The round, which was joined by new and existing investors Human Capital, W Health Ventures, Redesign Health, and 7wireVentures, brings Jasper Health's total funding to approximately $31 million.
Jasper Health has a passionate team of world-class leaders in digital health, oncology, customer-centered design, and data science. We are rapidly adding talent to our team - come join us!
Reporting to the Lead Devops Engineer, the Devops Engineer (SDE II) will play a crucial role in accelerating Jasper’s engineering organization, protecting our members’ data, and keeping us compliant with both HIPAA and SOC II Type 2.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain infrastructure within Google Cloud Provider (GCP) and Cloudflare in Terraform
- Build and maintain Jaspers Cloudflare DNS, GCP network, and security
- Empower product engineering teams to take on increasingly more cloud-based responsibility by understanding team needs and removing barriers.
- Implement and manage containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, and GKE
- Continuously evaluate and recommend improvements to our DevOps processes, tools, and infrastructure.
- Build and maintain CI/CD flows using tools like Github Actions
- Develop and maintain custom tooling and automation scripts in Bash, Python, and other scripting languages
- Collaborate closely with development and quality assurance teams to ensure efficient release management and development processes.
- Ensure scalability and availability while focusing on readability for other engineers in Jasper
- Be a SME for all things infrastructure, automation, security, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and correct risk factors that cause code quality, reliability, and stability issues
- Work closely with your lead engineer to help drive the success of the team by improving KPIs over time
- Consistently contribute to the team’s documentation of code, integrations, architectures, and all relevant technical information as it relates to business and technical operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Up to 10% of travel may be requested by leadership (ie., conferences)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 4+ years of professional software and cloud infrastructure experience
- 2+ years building and maintaining secure networks including tools like WAF, VPCs, and Zero Trust
- 2+ years working with container orchestration tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and GKE/EKS
- 2+ experience with Cloudflare
- 2+ years of cloud engineering experience.
- 2+ years working with Python and Terraform/IaC
- 2+ years working with a DNS provider
- Experience in identifying pain points, evaluating RoI, and removing blockers where its most impactful
- Ability to perform code reviews and contribute to system architecture and database structures
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Team based mentality and willingness to work with others either domestically or internationally
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively both verbally and in writing
- 2+ years of experience working with Google Cloud Provider (GCP).
- 2+ years tackling cloud security problems including good practices and protecting sensitive information such as PII/PHI/PCI/etc
- Significant experience in Agile methodologies
- Significant experience in domain-driven design including microservice architectures/patterns
- Experience with developer tools including JIRA, GitHub, Sentry, and DataDog
- Understanding of best practice security processes, procedures, and policies
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more…
Conditions of Employment
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants will be required to pass a background check as a condition of employment
- Currently not hiring in the States of CA, NY, WA & CO
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Jasper Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.