Staff Flutter Engineer- Consumer
Who We Are
Jasper Health is a fast-paced company with a noble mission to provide a digital experience to improve the lives of cancer patients and their caregivers throughout their treatment and remission journeys. The company announced its official launch and was covered by high impact media outlets including USA Today, and HIT Consultant. A few months later, Jasper announced its first large-scale client with Employer Direct Healthcare which covers over 2MM lives across hundreds of employers. Jasper Health is funded and supported by Redesign Health, with a recent round of funding led by 7wire Ventures, known for such digital health stand outs as Livongo, which merged in an $18.5 billion transaction with Teladoc late last year.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering - Consumer, the Staff Flutter Engineer - Consumer (SDE IV) will play a crucial role as a staff level engineer in creating and expanding the Jasper consumer product. This includes all patient experiences, patient interactions, engagement, and all other consumer facing aspects of the Jasper platform.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain powerful platform, web, and mobile applications using cloud-native technologies
- Work on all levels of the technology stack (Flutter, Python, Postgres, Redis, etc.) but with a specific focus on Flutter front-end
- Design, implement, and integrate scalable and highly available APIs, services, and systems
- Lead technical architecture, design, and implementation for new products and enhancements to existing products especially related to Jasper’s front-end architecture
- Ensure scalability through architecture improvements while also focusing on readability for other engineers working on Jasper’s front-end codebases
- Manage and mentor other software engineers including Flutter best practices, architecture, estimation, code reviews, process improvements, and more.
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for Jasper’s Flutter mobile applications and Flutter websites
- Identify, analyze, and correct risk factors that cause code quality, reliability, and stability issues
- Drive continual Agile process improvements across your team and help set/define/improve engineering processes
- Work closely with your team’s product manager and technical project manager to help drive the success of the team by improving KPIs through OKRs
- Own the team’s documentation of code, API integrations, architectures, and all relevant technical information as it relates to business/technical operations and the product itself
- Other duties as assigned
- Up to 10% of travel may be requested by leadership (ie., conferences)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 7+ years of professional software and database experience
- 1+ years of Flutter experience
- 2+ years of creating, owning, or managing CI/CD processes for native mobile applications
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining amazing new end-to-end features
- Ability to perform code reviews and review/approve system architecture and database structures
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the entire SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes and testing.
- Significant experience driving incremental improvement in engineering team’s processes
- Experience leading teams that drive business value while maintaining speed, quality, and security
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Team based mentality and willingness to work with others either domestically or internationally
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- 4+ years of experience working with modern front-end frameworks (Flutter, React, React-Native, Vue, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Python frameworks such as Django or Flask
- 1+ years of working with Flutter web
- 3+ years of experience being a team lead or managing other engineers
- Significant experience in Agile methodologies
- Significant experience in domain-driven design including microservice architectures/patterns
- Significant Experience with DevOps tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, GitHub, or DataDog
- Strong experience in managing team members to OKRs and KPIs
- Understanding of best practice security processes, procedures, and policies
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more…
Conditions of Employment
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants will be required to pass a background check as a condition of employment
- Currently not hiring in the states of CA, NY, WA & CO
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Jasper Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.