VP of Business Development, Payers
ixlayer is redefining next generation patient experiences for lab testing and better health outcomes. We make it easy for people to test for health concerns outside of clinical settings and take proactive steps towards better health. We partner with payers, retail pharmacies, life sciences and pharmaceutical companies to create customized solutions for their patients, all under their own brand. ixlayer’s world-class infrastructure enables patient-friendly digital experiences and seamless integration with our customers’ infrastructure. ixlayer’s lab-agnostic platform is powering millions of diagnostic tests each year for customers and partners.
As the Vice President of Business Development, Payers and a key member of the ixlayer Business Development team, you will help drive the ixlayer platform’s adoption within the payer market. Specifically, you will focus on helping payer customers and strategic partners adopt new and innovative ways to close gaps in care through digital lab testing. This is the future of diagnostic testing, and you will play a key role in engaging with decision-makers at these large institutions.
You will forge strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and upper and mid-level executives within customer accounts. You’ll work collaboratively across the organization to identify the most optimal target partners, segment our market, articulate our value proposition for sub-sectors, and build strong strategic customer relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop relevant business plans for the payer market with clearly defined strategies and objectives
- Collaborate with product marketing to articulate ixlayer’s value proposition to identified subsectors and prioritize potential partners
- Target, drive, and close new revenue-generating customer opportunities through strategic selling and establishing relationships with prospective customers; ensure future retention
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Prepare and present proposals and bids
- Comply with organizational requirements for documentation designated systems and processes
- Ensure compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Complete all administrative tasks thoroughly and promptly
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of healthcare sales experience with a focus on the payer market, diagnostic testing and technology enablement
- Deep knowledge of the laboratory diagnostic testing market
- Knowledge of laboratory testing tied to HEDIS quality measurement
- Experience leading large and complex deals with a long sales cycle
- Deep understanding of payer landscape and existing relationships therein; payer experience is required
ixlayer is reinventing the health ecosystem by empowering every individual to manage their laboratory diagnostic testing at home. ixlayer’s technology infrastructure and software is leveraged by large enterprises to enable millions of people to regularly have a superior lab testing experience. We enable payers, retail pharmacies, and biopharma, and digital health companies to connect their patients to the right test at the right time, all with a patient-friendly experience.
ixlayer raised a $75M Series A led by General Catalyst (VC behind Snap, Stripe, AirBnB, Oscar and many other topflight startups) with participation of Salesforce and Accenture. The company is in a hyper-growth stage rolling out its health testing platform. We are very well-capitalized through both our revenue-generating customers and VCs, giving us the resources to go after big things!
Founded in 2018, ixlayer currently supports millions of patients and has launched hundreds of testing programs for large organizations, health systems and every level of the government.