Senior Tax Analyst - Income Tax
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join our growing Tax team. You will be responsible for providing tax provision, compliance and planning support as well as process improvements to scale tax operations. This candidate should expect to work cross-functionally and collaboratively and manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to the Tax Manager.
About the Team
The Instacart Tax Team assumes responsibility for minimizing the Company's tax footprint through effective tax planning and risk management, while consistently ensuring we adhere to all compliance obligations. We are a group of dedicated and responsible individuals, who strive to achieve technical expertise in our functional area while remaining committed to partnership and collaboration to accomplish common goals.
About the Job
- Prepare the quarterly and year end global income tax provision calculations.
- Support the quarter- and year-end close procedures, including the preparation of tax account reconciliations
- Support SOX compliance through documentation and timely performance of controls
- Work closely with FP&A to support the quarterly/annual ETR and cash tax forecast processes
- Support special projects, such as R&D tax credit studies,, due diligence for M&A and international expansion
- Support the evolution of the tax reporting function, tax technology tools, and technological enhancements
- Assist with the data collection and preparation of income tax return workpapers or returns and related audits.
- Conduct tax research to analyze the income tax implications of new tax legislations or new business initiatives.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects as necessary.
- 3+ years tax compliance and accounting experience with a mix of public accounting and in-house experience in ASC 740
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- Sufficient knowledge of US income tax laws and regulations related to multinational corporations
- Proactive and resourceful team player with positive attitude and energy, close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic high-performance environment with strong willingness to learn and grow
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), financial and economic analysis skills
- Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Excel and aptitude to learn new software
- CPA/MS in Tax
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP, Google Suite, and Alteryx or similar tools
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.