Sales Executive, Mid Market
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Brand Partnerships team within the Business Development group. We are hiring a CPG Sales Executive to join our Brand Partnerships team, who will support the organization in developing and growing brand relationships with our suite of solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Developing and maintaining relationships with advertisers, managing all aspects of the sales cycle for a book of business between 5-10 accounts
- Selling with thought leadership & consultative sales skills across prioritized client base
- Leading monthly, quarterly, annual planning and budgeting process with Mid Market Brands
- Analyzing and applying business insights in a way that influences client's investment decisions
- Independently identifies and builds relationships with executive contacts within the client book of business, by expanding contact to new client teams & senior stakeholders
- Forecasting the allocated book of business for quarterly & annualized growth
- Maintaining a high daily volume of activity including outbound calls, emails, and social selling in a transactional environment
- Developing sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform to CPG advertisers
- Generating weekly campaign reports and optimization recommendations, as well as monthly / quarterly reviews
- Growing your skills and having meaningful impact on an important component to Instacart’s success and growth
- Leveraging prior experience or interest in the intersection of CPG, Digital & Sales to drive meaningful growth
- 5+ years of experience in a sales environment
- 2+ year of experience in retail media, digital advertising and/or managing CPG clients
- Strong time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem-solver
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Comfortable analyzing and working with data
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau preferred)
- Familiarity with tools of the trade (eg. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Google Drive)
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.