Sales Lead, Mid Market
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As Instacart continues its rapid expansion, we are looking to add a Sales Lead to our Brand Partnerships team. The Sales Lead will be responsible for leading a team of Sales Associates and Sales Executives as they develop and grow brand relationships at Instacart. The Sales Lead will coach their team on sales best practices, data analysis, and the CPG, advertising and eCommerce landscape, as well as work cross functionally to grow the business. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, can work in a fast-paced environment, and has sales leadership experience in advertising (paid search a plus), CPG, or eCommerce.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Leading and developing a team of high-performing Sales Associates and Sales Executives to achieve quarterly targets
- Driving effective coaching for Sales Reps against Consultative Selling skills
- Measuring and tracking key business and industry trends
- Improving our sales process, collateral, and data sharing capabilities to make your team more effective
- Partnering with internal cross-functional teams to improve advertising performance and experience for your customers
- Showcasing expertise in building & driving trust with advertising partners
- Showcasing comfort in compelling clients to adopt recommendations
- Showcasing a clear understanding or ability to understand the CPG industry
- Showcasing a clear understanding of advertising and marketing budgets
- History of exceeding sales goals/quota
- Experience in a sales management environment
- History of developing early career professionals
- Digital advertising experience
- Creative problem-solver
- Track recording of excelling cross functionally and in a high growth climate
- Process driven
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.