DMP Engineering manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our DBA team. As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the effective management of our databases and related systems, while also taking a strategic view of our long-term database management services.
Tasks and duties are to:
As the Engineering Manager, you will have the following key activities related to team and databases:
- Lead and manage the DBA team to ensure effective and efficient management of the organization's databases and related systems.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve the team's performance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that the databases are well-integrated with other systems and applications.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members, helping them to develop their technical skills and advance their careers.
- Monitor the performance and availability of the databases, proactively identifying and addressing issues as they arise.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials to ensure that the team is well-equipped to manage the databases and related systems.
- Implement first-line response protocols to ensure top-notch performance and avoid any potential incidents.
In addition, the Engineering Manager will also have the following key activities related to strategy and technologies:
- Develop a long-term strategy for the team's database management services, taking into account emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Work closely with other teams to identify opportunities for database optimization, such as query tuning and index optimization.
- Explore and evaluate new database technologies and tools, making recommendations on their potential use within the organization.
- Lead the team's efforts to migrate from traditional database systems to cloud-based and geo-distributed database systems.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans for the databases.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that the database management services are aligned with the organization's overall strategic goals and objectives.
You will be a good fit for our team if you:
Our technology stack:
- Kubernetes, Docker;
- Prometheus, Grafana;
- Haproxy, Nginx;
- Ansible, Terraform, SaltStack
What do we offer:
- Relocation to company offices in Kazakhstan or Cyprus;
- Modern MacBook Pro and other equipment necessary for work;
- Unlimited opportunities for professional and career growth, regular external and internal training from our partners;
- Partially or fully paid additional training courses, English classes with a teacher in the office;
- Personal growth programs in which we set goals and move towards them together;
- Become part of an international team of professionals and just good people who together create one of the coolest success stories in the global IT industry;