Regional Vice President, Sales
Regional Vice President, Sales; North America, East
Location: Remote, US East Region
No Agency submittals accepted
As the Regional Vice President for Sales, you will lead a team of talented and determined Enterprise Sales professionals in the delivery of Zero Trust Segmentation solutions for the Fortune 1000.
Every day you will lead your team through highly complex sales cycles with the world’s top brands. You will dive deep or choreograph from afar as necessary as you tailor your approach to the needs of both our prospective customers and your team members.
In order to thrive in this role, you will need to be tenacious yet measured, strategic yet tactical, and most importantly, driven to achieve success through delivering Zero Trust Segmentation solutions for our customers.
About the Team:
The Illumio Sales team consists of individuals who are already at the top of their game – and yet know there is always more to learn. We came here because we want to invest in our personal performance and growth, beyond but also including, our commission checks. We are looking for fellow team members who believe that they will maximize their success by making a real impact on their customer’s business.
Illumio protects one third of the US economy including over $1 trillion dollars of transactions at just one bank. We protect our customers’, and even our competitors’, sales pipelines on over 100k machines. We protect the personal and financial details of every US homeowner at Fannie Mae. When you order your coffee, think of Illumio, we protect one of the largest retailer’s production data centers. What we do protects millions of people and billions of transactions. When we sell, risk goes down for our customers–we are building trust in the infrastructure of the economy and reputations, stock prices, and the future of commerce takes a critical step forward.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Responsible for growing revenues within the US East Region, while managing all facets of the customer buying experience - including opportunity identification, revenue growth, risk management, project profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Cultivate senior level relationships across your accounts and channel partners
- Lead teams to generate new ARR through net new logo and existing customer expansion while ensuring the team is organized appropriately and executing at scale
- Provides ongoing strategic guidance on customer segmentation, coverage models, sales methodologies, and processes
- Effectively use and analyze data to recognize trends and anticipate challenges
- Interact with and influence senior leaders/clients to ensure a very high level of customer satisfaction
- Bookings — Achieve our quarterly regional Net New Annual Contract Revenue (NNACV) sales goals
- Recruiting — Recruit and onboard the regional sales team. Build a pipeline of qualified candidates based on our profile and in conjunction with our recruiting team through regular sourcing and recruiting efforts.
- Implement a regional business plan that identifies booking goals, pipeline goals, target accounts, territory assignments and activity metrics (prospecting, meetings, POCs) and measure progress monthly
- Work with marketing team to create a demand generation plan to support pipeline development. Determine and enhance positioning and messaging based on prospect and customer feedback
- Create a continuous learning environment for the team with regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) training events the results in a competent, professional field team capable of tailoring and delivering a compelling teaching conversation and who takes control of the sales cycle
- Coach and develop each field team member to a minimum level of capability within their first 30 days onboard — target the right people and accounts, deliver a compelling teaching pitch, qualify, recommend appropriate actions
- Accurately forecast the region’s business each week
- Establish themselves as a trusted resource with customers and prospects
- Assess the current team and offer a slate of recommended changes
- Relationship Base — leverage their relationship to gain access and for feedback.
- Be a competent sales practitioner themselves — be able to lead an executive sales call and deliver a compelling challenger pitch
- Develop an education oriented approach for continuous improvement in the field
- Works actively in the field with the team — coaching and supporting their team by making calls with them on prospects, customers and partners
- Focus on customer product acceptance (absorption) and work with field and support teams on customer success. Lead company through renewal process with customers at various stages of customer acceptance
- Provide actionable market and customer feedback to the exec and product teams
- Collaborate with CRO in refining the go-to-market strategy and tactics
- Spearhead and coordinate sales strategy and contract negotiation
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of successful leadership experience including field sales experience in the cybersecurity software/technology sector
- Proven track record of consistently meeting/exceeding annual team quotas and leading above performance targets
- Experience managing and closing NEW business within the Fortune 1000
- Strong business acumen, including the ability to drive results from both a revenue and profitability perspective
- Executive presence and C-suite savvy; exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment with minimal direction
- Customer centric approach which includes a “hands on” philosophy style of leadership
- Self-starter with strong forecasting, sales operations, and CRM based process orientation
- Ability to travel up to 25%+
Illumio, the pioneer and market leader of Zero Trust segmentation, prevents breaches from becoming cyber disasters. Illumio protects critical applications and valuable digital assets with proven segmentation technology purpose-built for the Zero Trust security model. Illumio ransomware mitigation and segmentation solutions see risk, isolate attacks, and secure data across cloud-native apps, hybrid and multi-clouds, data centers, and endpoints, enabling the world’s leading organizations to strengthen their cyber resiliency and reduce risk.
Illumio believes that an environment of unique backgrounds, experiences, viewpoints, and individual contributions drives our success and makes us stronger together. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse culture and emphasizing inclusion and belonging.
Base Salary Range:
$191,700.00 - $230,000.00 USD (50/50 plan)
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, or applicable laws.
At Illumio we offer a wide range of benefits to our eligible team members. Our benefit programs vary by location and can include Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage – Health and Dependent Savings Accounts – Life and Disability Programs – Paid Parental Leave – Voluntary Benefit Programs – Company Sponsored Wellness Program – Wellness Reimbursement Program - Retirement Savings – Equity Opportunities – Paid time off and Paid Holidays – Employee Incentive Program. #LI-JW2 #LI-REMOTE
Something looks off?