Staff Business Intelligence Engineer
Staff Business Intelligence Engineer
The Business Intelligence Infrastructure product group is responsible for making HubSpot smarter by enabling a deeper understanding of its customers. They're not a centralized reporting-only team; instead, they're a team of engineers who partner with our business leaders to understand the nuances of the data and HubSpot systems. They provide access to the data HubSpot needs to manage our business intelligently. They tackle HubSpot’s most complex data challenges, manage our BI data infrastructure, and provide support to each other and to a network of business analysts throughout the company. You will get to work in a best-in-class tech stack that includes Airflow, Snowflake, dbt, and Looker.
This role sits within our Data Platform Pillar, on our Data Infrastructure Operations team. The team has two primary missions 1) Improving the performance of Looker and Snowflake assets through targeted consultation and automation and 2) Integrating, configuring, and administering 3rd party tools within our data infrastructure. They’re also tasked with supporting internal analytics teams who build on top of our data infrastructure, and partnering with the software engineers on the Data Platform Pillar who are building the 1st party systems within that infrastructure.
We’re looking for individuals that:
- Have hands-on experience developing and supporting a modern data infrastructure, including cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, BI tools such as Looker, and data orchestration platforms such as Airflow.
- Highly proficient in SQL, with a focus on data warehousing best practices.
- Have a passion for solving problems at scale through automation.
- Have a high empathy for our internal customers and the problems they are solving.
- Can triage bugs and questions in our own codebase. Most of our backend codebase is in Java, but we also have elements written in Python.
- Understand the value of building a diverse team, and are champions and upstanders for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives.
- Bring industry best practices to help us improve our existing data infrastructure, and continue to scale it with the growth of the business.
- Are committed to data quality, security, and privacy.
If you need accommodations or assistance due to a disability, please reach out to us using this form. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.