Senior Product Designer, Notifications
Senior Product Designer, Notifications
Remote - Ireland
You’re looking for an environment, team, and role where you’ll thrive and do the best work of your career. That’s why, as a Senior Product Designer on the Notifications team at HubSpot:
- You’ll have a “seat at the table” from Day 1. Your partners and peers know what you do, greatly value it, and expect you to have strong opinions.
- You’ll co-own a significant part of the product with your partners and you’ll all have the autonomy you need to drive its strategy and vision.
- You’ll never have to guess about how to get promoted. We support you with clear expectations and career paths.
- You’ll be able to work where and how you work best: at home, the office, or any mix of both
About Your Opportunity
- You will be responsible for the user experience of all in-app notifications in HubSpot.
- You will support our customers by designing more customizable notifications
- You will work closely with designers on the Navigation and Global Search teams towards a shared mission of connecting customers to value.
- You will co-create a product strategy with your triad partners that supports the mission above, with a specific focus on product-led growth opportunities.
- Your team will own of the full-stack product, managing both the user experience of notifications AND the platform it’s built on.
- You will design a carefully crafted user experiences for notifications and collaborate with numerous internal product teams interested in leveraging the notifications platform.
- You will stay informed about industry trends and become an internal authority, guiding and leading discussions on notifications design strategy.
- You will maintain and own guidelines and best practices, including elements like: the urgency of notifications, their hierarchical structure, relevance, and content patterns.
- You will evangelize the notifications platform to increase internal adoption.
- You will make critical decisions that involve risk and trade-offs, and will document principles, decision-making frameworks, and decision logs to drive high-impact results.
Here’s what success in your role looks like
- Co-create a shared strategy, vision, and cohesive roadmap for the future of this product area in partnership with product management and engineering peers
- Drive alignment, set goals, and drive understanding and motivation with your partners and team
- Understand your customer to build compelling journey scenarios, information architecture, interaction flows, and visual designs
- Work autonomously and with customer experience in mind, using our Canvas design system for a fast, efficient process with fewer handoffs
- Collaborate closely with researchers and content designers to create, refine, and iterate on new and existing experiences
- Mentor other designers as you play an active role in growing HubSpot’s UX team and culture
You’ll love this role if you
- Put customers at the center of everything they do
- Demonstrate experience in delivering successful, intuitive products
- Think holistically and have a design system mindset
- Thrive when collaborating on strategy and vision with partners, leaders, and teams
- Can balance scope, speed, and quality to reach outcomes
- Understand how your projects align with and advance a company-wide strategy
- Can own the end-to-end design process, from leading discovery to producing high-fidelity screens to partnering with engineers to get the details right
- Share our HEART values and practice growth mindset
About UX at HubSpot
Our UX team is a passionate and diverse group of more than 200 product designers, content designers, researchers, and design ops folks who build consumer-grade experiences while solving enterprise-level problems. We’re set up to work as equal partners to our peers in product management and engineering. And we design and deliver a crafted experience to our customers by setting a high bar on ease of use. We’re investing deeply in building whole and healthy UX teams across all of our disciplines so we can better solve problems for our customers.
We involve our customers in every step of our development process. And we strive to deliver a B2B product that’s just as easy to use as the best B2C products on the market. When our customers grow, we grow, too!
Want to know more about product design at HubSpot?
- The possibilities of “and” — prioritizing usability alongside feature growth
- By the people, for the people: keeping your design system evergreen
- See all HubSpot UX blog posts
One more thing you should know…
There’s a lot of research showing how marginalized groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% (or more!) of the qualifications. We also know that many UX folks come from backgrounds with different experiences that might not seem “standard”—and that’s okay! We really value people who bring unique perspectives and add new knowledge to our team.
But you might not feel like you “check all the boxes” as you read this job post. We get it. And we feel these things ourselves, too. But we hope you’ll apply anyway because we’ll take great care in working with you. 🧡
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.