Sr. HR Business Partner, Employee Relations
Sr. HR Business Partner, Employee Relations
Our HubSpot People Operations team prides itself on our innovative and flexible approach to HR, and we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Sr. HR Business Partner, Employee Relations as part of our HR Business Partnerships function. The Global Employee Relations team leads the process and practices to navigate complex and sensitive matters, ensuring that we are compliant in each location and ensuring we continue to build a high performing and inclusive culture to align with HubSpot’s values. This role will be based in Berlin.
In the first 30 days, you will have an opportunity to learn our culture, how we support our employees, and our aggressive expansion. During onboarding we will immerse you in our approach to HR and how we help our managers solve problems while staying true to the culture we are so proud of.
In the first 90 days, you will begin to build yourself as a trusted adviser to the business, and own cases and workstreams below end to end.
In your role, you will:
- You will provide ER support across all departments with a particular focus on the relationship we hold with the CSE (France) and the Works Council (Germany).
- Deliver a consistent, knowledgeable and professional service in areas including performance management, disciplinary and grievance processes and sick leave, ensuring all such matters are dealt with in line with policy, best practice and legislative requirements to provide an optimal experience for employees and to mitigate risk.
- Be the primary contact responsible for the relationship with the CSE in France and the Works Council in Germany - includes attending regular meetings with these groups, communicating updates and acting as liaison on all matters.
- Positively collaborate across peer groups - specifically individuals within Employment Legal, HR Operations, Payroll, Benefits, IT, and Finance to optimize processes.Particularly, fostering strong working relationships with our Employment Legal team to balance risk and calibrate recommendations for decision-making.
- Play a lead role in Employee Relations support, from performance management through to complex investigations, offering thought partnership and coaching for all stages from case preparation through to case conclusion.
- Build relationships with and provide sound, expert ER advice and guidance to HR Business Partners and business leaders in line with local employment practices and employment law.
- Leverage data and trends in Employee Relations to help influence strategy around manager training and underperformance processes with ability to deliver training, where needed.
- Manage or participate in special projects / programs / continuous improvement initiatives requiring ER stakeholder input, as needed.
- Ensure a coordinated and consistent case management approach to handling ER matters.
We are looking for people who have:
- 4+ years of employee relations experience including working with relevant employee representative bodies.
- Strong experience in partnering with various key stakeholders and being an effective team player.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the EMEA employment law and regulatory frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with unions and works councils
- Fluent in English and German, French would also be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated policy and procedure development and enforcement to ensure compliance.
- Able to make good judgement for sensitive, complex and/or ambiguous situations.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work successfully within ambiguity and within a complex, fast paced and challenging business environment.
- A demonstrated ability to partner effectively with key internal stakeholders including senior business managers.
- Have the ability to work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.