Staff Software Engineer, Content - Backend
Staff Software Engineer, Content - Backend
Remote - USA
About the team
We’re looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to work with us on building the next generation of HubSpot CMS.
Today, our SaaS CMS is being used by 300,000+ sites, and we’re looking to significantly grow that - think 10x or more - over the next several years. We receive 5 billion requests a month for those CMS-hosted pages.
The HubSpot CMS is built with marketers and content creators in mind - key features of the system include WYSIWYG in-context content editing, a module framework that enables developers to build tools non-technical marketers and content creators can use to create beautiful pages, and tight integration with the HubSpot CRM for personalization and reporting.
Recent progress in Generative AI (GAI) technology has taken the world by storm. The availability and accessibility of this technology have democratized and accelerated the applications where this technology can be applied. The key differentiation of GAI is generating content, and CMS is all about content!
Our philosophy is to assist content creators, marketers, distributors, and developers in their journey to achieve their goals and grow their business/impact by augmenting their expertise and creativity with HubSpot's GAI-powered CMS technology.
About the role
Staff Software Engineers are highly productive, impactful, and trusted engineers who leverage their skills and knowledge to work autonomously on the most complex projects and set technical direction. Very complex problems can include those that are very broad, very deep, or problems that require spanning across several teams.
In this role, you will leverage the Generative AI (GAI) technology to solve many customer problems. You will be contributing to products that will help customers,
- Create GAI-powered personalized and rich multimedia content
- Find, organize, and manage content with GAI-powered automation
- Distribute and optimize their content to grow their business by using GAI technology
- Leverage GAI to scale and support our content developer community with tools, insights, and recommendations
We are looking for people who:
- Have an interest in applying AI technology to solve customer problems.
- Have experience with distributed systems and data pipelines.
- Have years of experience consistently delivering high-value, high-impact, cross-team projects. Staff Engineers continually strive to raise the bar for the engineering organization as a whole. They are expected to help drive the product vision forward through contributions to our overall architecture coupled with consistent, hands-on coding.
- Have a thirst for technical challenges with reliable and scalable systems at scale while leveraging technologies such as Java, MySQL, Kafka, and GraphQL.
- Have a history of developing solutions to problems that have had an outsized impact on the organization’s business goals.
- Provide strategic direction for major projects.
- Regularly mentor and teach engineers in their areas of expertise.
- Demonstrate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- A bias for fixing problems with technology rather than process.
- Someone who never accepts the status quo; we need engineers who can see beyond what we have and what we can build while maintaining an understanding of how to get there.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.