Director of Product Design, CMS Hub
Director of UX, Content Management System (CMS) Hub
Remote - USA
Director of UX, CMS Hub
The HubSpot product team is passionate about helping small and medium-sized businesses grow better by building a CRM platform that helps them market, sell, and support their customers and teams. The product team, consisting of over 1,000 Engineers, UX Design & Researchers, and Product Managers helps to build products for more than 125,000 customers in over 120 countries around the world. Our team has scaled rapidly over the past few years, and we’re looking for empathetic, adaptable User Experience leaders.
Our CMS/Content Product Offering is looking for an experienced UX Design Leader to help us scale. The marketing industry is rapidly changing and marketers are struggling to keep up with the growing demand for omni-channel marketing, personalized experiences, regulations for anonymous data/cookies, and more. You will be responsible for scaling AI-driven content creation, asset management, and distribution across our content tools, which are core to driving our Content Marketing offering with tools like websites, blogs, and landing pages, in addition to product wide experiences like editing patterns.
This UX Leader will define and own the UX vision and strategy for key projects that ensure HubSpot’s continued investment in helping customers attract and capture leads. We are looking for a strategic thinker that knows how to set a vision, drive alignment, and can inspire their teams to deliver both measurable impact and powerful experiences for our customers. In this role, you will collaborate with your stakeholders to break down difficult problem spaces into realistically achievable projects. The right leader will have deep empathy for their customers’ everyday challenges and will always put their needs first to provide a remarkable experience.
As a UX leader at HubSpot, you’ll do many things — and you likely already have experience doing some of them in the past. They are:
- Collaborate with leaders in Product Management and Engineering to:
- Create a strategic vision based on market, customer and internal stakeholder feedback
- Develop a point of view about the customer journey in partnership with stakeholders from across the organization
Maintain an operating system that helps translate vision and company goals into objectives that give teams clarity and autonomy.
- Support and empower autonomous teams to succeed by:
- Helping frame the customer problem
- Providing guidance about how to measure outcomes
- Developing ICs and front line managers
- Executing on each phase of HubSpot’s fundamental performance management lifecycle
Creating and fostering a psychologically safe and inclusive team
- Success collaborating with other leaders to develop a product design vision and convey the strategy to their team in a way that influences execution
- Strong, demonstrable experience delivering successful and intuitive products — we value consumer-grade experience in solving enterprise-level problems
- Experience leading teams in high complexity, multi-segment platform environments
- Worked closely with product and engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for your team
- Extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to UX practitioners and managers
- Confidence delivering clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty
- An understanding of how to foster team health and bring a sense of mission to your group and to the broader UX team
- Collaborate with Recruiting to build an exceptional and diverse team
Cash compensation range (base and target bonus): [236,000]-[377,600] USD annually.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.