Manager, Customer Success
Manager, Customer Success
Manager, Customer Success Japan
Who are we?
HubSpot is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform for scaling companies. Tens of thousands of customers all over the world use our marketing, sales, and customer success software to grow their businesses. It's our mission to not just help them grow, but to help them grow better.
At HubSpot, we believe that our values live in our hearts, not our hallways. We want to build a company where people feel empowered to do their best work, wherever they are. Our Japan office is located in Tokyo’s CBD, however this role is open to remote workers based anywhere in Japan.
What’s the role?
We are searching for a visionary leader to join our Japanese Customer Success team. You will be responsible for managing and growing the current Japanese Customer Success program, as well as defining the vision, strategy and roadmap for the next generation.
In this role, you will hire, coach and develop a team of new and established Customer Success Managers to help ensure each team member achieves their targets. In addition, you will work closely with Customer Success leadership, sales leadership, training and recruiting teams, helping to drive regional and global company initiatives and deliver overall business success.
This requires a strong customer gene, problem solving capabilities, the ability to motivate a team and strong analytical skills. As part of our customer success-focused, results-driven organization you’ll be responsible for maintaining a high standard of customer experience and driving sustainable, long-term customer happiness. The right candidate is truly passionate about helping customers grow, and has the experience to demonstrate it.
What will I do?
- Attract and grow the best customer success talent on the planet through effective recruiting, selecting and training methods
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members by teaching, coaching, and holding team members accountable
- Analyze customer and performance data to make informed decisions about operational and procedural changes
- Be a second level HubSpot representative for our customers: act as an executive sponsor for high priority customers, and resolve escalations in creative and customer-oriented format
- Partner strategically with Senior Customer Success and Sales leadership to define and implement successful programs and support growth in region
- Proactively identify areas for innovation and improvement and drive collaborative developments within our existing playbook
- Be the internal and external voice of our Japanese customers
- Demonstrate HubSpot core values and culture
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Inbound and HubSpot tools
Who are you?
- A proven leader with ability to coach, influence, develop, motivate and empower employees to achieve their best while maintaining high employee morale
- Have a consistent track record of executing against aggressive growth strategies and delivering target in excess of company expectations
- Comfortable communicating effectively in small and large groups
- An advocate on behalf of local market and customer needs at regional or global level
- An entrepreneurial and curious spirit with initiative and drive to pursue new ideas
- Have demonstrated experience owning and leading projects to drive successful outcomes
- Self-motivated and experienced in change management
- Strong track record of using data to inform decision making
- Bilingual professional with business level proficiency in English and Japanese
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.