Senior Counsel, Corporate Compliance
Remote - USA
HubSpot is looking for a Senior Counsel, Corporate Compliance to further develop and manage the Company’s enterprise-wide compliance program on the HubSpot Legal Team to to ensure that effective policies and procedures are implemented and maintained globally and at each business unit to manage and mitigate the Company’s compliance risks. Reporting to our VP, Deputy General Counsel and working with cross-functional teams, you will have a range of responsibilities including:
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Develop, implement, and manage compliance programs to ensure adherence to relevant legal frameworks, including the U.S. FCPA, U.S., U.K., and other sanctions and trade control laws, the UK Bribery Act, Modern Slavery Act, financial crime laws, and anti-corruption standards.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, fostering a culture of compliance, adaptability, and open communication.
- Utilize exceptional organizational skills to prioritize and manage workstreams efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Synthesize extensive information into executive-level presentations for strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset, focusing on business objectives, and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Leverage your experience with both mature and developing compliance programs to drive excellence and continuous improvement.
We are looking for people who:
- Are in good standing and licensed to practice law as a member of a State Bar Association or equivalent professional qualification
- Have at least 6+ years of Proven experience with compliance programs, including a deep understanding of relevant legal standards and regulations, ideally at a fast-paced technology, media, or advertising company
- Stay updated on compliance-related risks and developments including public policy developments, new and changing laws, regulations, trade issues, and enforcement guidance and priorities in the jurisdictions in which HubSpot conducts business
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strategic thinker with a strong business acumen and a keen sense of deadlines.
- Experience with both mature and developing compliance programs is ideal.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid change and evolution
- Solution-oriented, able to calibrate risk, and focused on customer-service
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and cross-functionally
- Have outstanding organizational skills and are eager to learn quickly
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
Cash compensation range: 142400-213600 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.