Principal MDM Engineer
Principal MDM Engineer
Remote - USA
HubSpot’s mission is to Help Millions of Organizations Grow Better. HubSpot’s Revenue Operations team is core to this goal by supporting the HubSpotters who attract, engage, and delight HubSpot’s customers. We believe in the power of data to drive effective decision-making. We leverage data for both day-to-day operations (improving efficiency by surfacing the right data at the right time) and for strategy (fostering deep understanding of what makes our flywheel spin, and projecting how to spin it faster in the future).
As a Data Engineer, Master Data Management (MDM) on HubSpot’s newly unified GTM Data & Systems team, you’ll design and develop MDM Data strategy and centralization of the single source of truth from various business systems and HubSpot product apps. The MDM initiative will help support customer data evolution (Customer-Centric Operating Model) and ML & generative AI products. You’ll be part of a high-performing team of Data Engineers and Analytics Engineers contributing to designing, building, testing, scaling, and maintaining MDM and data pipelines from various source systems and streams (Internal, third party, cloud-based, etc).
In this role you’ll get to:
- Define, prioritize, and implement a comprehensive custom MDM strategy and operating model, transforming how data is sourced, managed, standardized, governed, and consumed
- Provide thought leadership, pragmatic input, and detailed requirements in building the target state MDM capabilities to support a variety of business models
- Build relationships with stakeholders and work cross-functionally to identify areas of opportunities, process improvements, and data/technology-enabled innovations to define our data orchestration framework
- Lead the MDM Product roadmap and bring “greenfield” thinking to improve master data and drive operational transformation and innovation
- Implement data management best practices, rolling out data governance, data quality, and health scorecards in collaboration with team of Analytics Engineers
- Help with leading the design and development of ML & generative AI products using object-oriented analysis, design, programming skills, and design patterns
- Implement ETL workflows for data matching, data cleansing, data integration, and management to and from MDM data to other Business and Data Systems
- Deliver observable, reliable, and secure software, embracing the “you build it, you run it” mentality, and focus on automation and GitOps to support the stability of the enterprise data platform
We are looking for people who have:
- Multiple years experience in a Data Engineering position focused on MDM/Data Management domains
- Hands-on experience in implementing and/or managing MDM (Informatica C360 / Profisee/ Semarchy /Ataccama or any other custom MDM tools)
- Good understanding of Master Data Management technology platforms and integration frameworks
- Good understanding of data product management methodology and framework and a proven track record of deploying MDM best practices
- Experience developing data catalogs (Atlan experience a plus) and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
- Strong knowledge of standard algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, and design
- Preferred experience building enterprise techniques for large scale distributed system design and data processing, including:
- Building and maintain data warehouses in support of BI tools
- Building data pipeline framework for data workflow to process large data sets and Real-Time and Batch Data Pipeline development
- Hands-on code using Java and Python, along with willingness and passion for mentoring junior engineers preferred
Cash compensation range: 285000-427500 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.