Technical Lead II - Frontend
Technical Lead II - Frontend
Remote - United Kingdom
About the Product Group:
We’re passionate about building tools that help small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, and serve their customers — and ultimately, grow better. The Discovery group is on mission to help millions of customers find the right resource at the right time across the HubSpot ecosystem. Be part of our mission to develop indispensable tools like Navigation, Notifications, and Global Search, which are embraced by virtually every HubSpot user. As a valued team member, you'll have a direct impact on enhancing user experience and shaping the future of HubSpot.
About the team:
Our Global Search frontend team owns the search product which is a one stop solution for searching the entire platform. This is a critical piece of infrastructure which integrates with all of our products and returns results within milliseconds.
The team is looking for a hands-on Tech Lead II who wants to solve hard technical problems and help grow the careers of the engineers on the team.
Teams in HubSpot are kept small and nimble to maximize ownership and to eliminate scale challenges and communication overhead (e.g. very few meetings that could have been a Slack message!).
Our frontend tech stack is React, Typescript ,ES6, AWS among others, but regardless of your background, we hire great engineers who love to learn.
Our product teams are split-stack and can build whatever is needed without external dependencies or approval. This process is informed by many feedback loops: usability testing, direct customer interactions, usage tracking, customer support and other stakeholders, so the team decides what ideas to build, how best to implement them and own their ongoing operation. Check out our engineering blog to see why HubSpot is different.
As a Technical Lead II on the Global Search team, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers where autonomy and flexibility are core values.
- Write and ship production code that has meaningful user and business impact.
- Work with a small cross functional team of engineers, PMs, systems analysts, designers, content designers, and researchers
- Collaborate with HubSpotters all over the company, whether in engineering, product, design, research, marketing, sales, etc
- Help HubSpot users meet their goals, via changes you’ve made.
- Implement experiments that give us valuable insights into user behavior and how to improve their experience.
What we’d like to see:
- Some previous technical lead experience is preferred - managing engineers and taking responsibility for the team’s software design and delivery.
- Experience building scalable and performant web applications.
- Experience in building and debugging performant user interfaces.
- A continued passion to contribute to the code base and for product feature development and product innovation.
- A strong focus on the user: you can gain empathy for their challenges and understand how they may flow through our product.
- Excitement about big, technical challenges, but also a passion for helping scale our business.
- Coaching and mentorship experience.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.