Technical Lead, Reliability - Remote/Ireland
Flex - Dublin, Ireland
Technical Lead, Reliability
About the team
The HubSpot Product team is made up of over 1000+ engineers, designers, product managers, and researchers. We’re passionate about building tools that help small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, and serve their customers — and ultimately, grow better.
Those tools end up in the HubSpot application platform, which itself is made up of thousands of services, workers, and jobs spanning over 170 teams and thousands of repos. Our teams work autonomously to deploy these systems across a common infrastructure, up to 3,000 times a day. As we’ve grown to serve over 75,000 customers in 100 countries, reliability and stability have become just as important as speed and time to market. And as we’ve opened up our APIs, our product has moved to the core of many of our customers’ and partners’ businesses.
In 2019, we built an SRE team to help our product teams focus on delivering highly available and dependable products. This team is off to a great start: evangelizing, building tools, and embedding onto product teams. We are looking to grow this team by hiring engineers with an interest in reliability and scale. This is an opportunity to work on hard problems across a variety of domains with an experienced team of software engineers.
As a Technical Lead, your role will involve designing and solving problems in large, distributed systems - This a Software Engineering role where around 70% of your time will be spent on hands on coding/developing software in Java.
- Lead a small team of engineers where autonomy and flexibility are core values
- Help set the direction for the continued evolution of backend development at HubSpot
- Some previous team, technical or pod lead experience is preferred - managing engineers or projects and taking responsibility for the team’s software design and delivery
- Help product and infrastructure teams hold retroactive root cause analysis meetings, focusing on identifying remediations using a blameless process similar to the 5 whys methodology
- Conceive, design, and build infrastructure tooling that improves reliability across the entire product surface area, dealing with massive distributed scale
- Evangelize best practices around reliability engineering
- Proactively identify risks and advocate for engineering process, tooling, or work streams that reduce that risk in a customer centric way
- A continued passion to contribute to the code base, this is a hands on role
- Comfort performing code reviews for engineers at all levels
- Coaching and mentorship experience
- Consistently demonstrated strong ownership of projects end to end, track record of successfully rolling out infrastructure, collaborating with multiple Engineering teams to deliver successful solutions
- Designed robust data models to represent complex domain data that scales effectively as use cases evolve
- Wish to stay hands-on in all technical aspects while leading a team of engineers and collaborating cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- Regularly mentor and teach engineers in their areas of expertise.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.