Technical Project Manager - Business Technology
Remote - USA
Here at HubSpot, we set company wide goals on a yearly basis, then collaborate with our cross functional partners, strategize on the best solution, and deliver. We are seeking a methodical and agile Technical Project Manager to join our team to drive our highest priority and most complex cross-functional technical projects from start to finish. These projects, due to their priority, size, and complexity, require a high bar for stakeholder and ambiguity management, critical and strategic thinking, methodical planning, thoughtful communication, and ability to lead by influencing and driving consensus.
In this role, you’ll own each of these areas to drive projects from initiation to completion and ensure those involved have a clear understanding of approach, progress, risk, decisions, considerations and more along the way. The ideal candidate is highly organized, adaptable, and has a strong background in both project management and technical domains to inform relevant project planning. Note: HubSpot is a fast growing and dynamic environment, therefore, this TPM role will initially be focused on supporting our P2P (Procure to Pay) initiative, and upon completion and delivery will migrate to another BizTech initiative in the Employee Technology domain.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering closely with business stakeholders, technical SMEs and more to define both the project scope, roles & responsibilities, technical feasibility, and incremental deliverables
- Developing comprehensive project plans, testing plans, communication strategies and more considering resource allocation and risk management
- Managing ambiguous situations methodically by thoughtfully outlining what's known and unknown then determining an approach to fill gaps, bring clarity, and arrive at a solution / resolve roadblocks
- Driving discussions to decision/consensus for project progression or handoff to SME where relevant
- Keeping the team abreast of risks and challenges early on as they arise, then determine an action plan on how to pivot or manage impact
- Ensuring the highest level of effective communication with the core project team and the extended community of interest for the project (executives, steering committees, various stakeholder groups, etc.); leverage frameworks like DACI to enable this
- Orienting the team near and far term, including executing on the team operating system, meeting cadence, but also setting the long term roadmap and project plan
We are looking for people who:
- Are passionate about collaboration and effective communication across the business
- Are proactive self-starters with confidence and comfort in creating plans and material anew
- Have a strong ability to connect with the true business needs, and how the people, process, and technology enable value
- Have a strong understanding of agile processes (eg., Scrum, Kanban, etc) and experience with Project Management frameworks (e.g., PMBOK) and Agile, Waterfall, SDLC methodologies for managing SaaS platform projects
- Have exceptional prioritization and time management abilities. Can continually deliver PM owned outputs and artifacts proactively while managing the project and teams ongoing progress
- Demonstrate impeccable judgment in prioritization and evaluation decisions
- Have a reliable ability to deliver projects on time and to completion
Cash compensation range: 125000-155000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.