Manager, Enterprise Automation
Remote - USA
Hubspot’s Business Technology team is on a mission to enable our business with powerful and safe automation capabilities. As a fast growing and dynamic scale-up company, we have countless needs and opportunities to re-engineer existing business processes and create new business processes. A key part of our internal growth strategy is to do that with as much self-service and automation as possible because we want to drive efficient, durable, long-term growth. Today, BizTech’s Automation team manages Workato in a ‘Center of Excellence’ model. This has been a successful program so far, with more than 150 certified systems professionals across the business using Workato to solve their automation challenges.
We are now growing our Automation team to take our impact to the next level. First, we want to expand beyond Workato to craft a portfolio of automation capabilities that the business can use. Second, we need to lean more into enablement and guardrails such that we ensure high quality solutions are being built on our tools at scale. And third, we want to be HubSpot’s automation experts that can directly contribute to our hardest problems.
We’re looking for a technical manager to join our team and help us achieve these goals. In this role, you’ll lead HubSpot’s central team of Intelligent Automation Engineers on a mission to drive efficiency and self-service across HubSpot. This role will leverage its leadership expertise to grow and develop a high performing technical team. It will also partner closely with leaders of other systems teams that use the tools we manage in order to make them more successful.
This person must be able to effectively synthesize business needs from various constituents, select the right problems to solve, and create a plan to solve them. We’re looking for a candidate with a solid understanding of all the technologies one can use to automate business processes. We’re particularly focused on embedding AI technologies into the way we build automation.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Lead a team of Intelligent Automation Engineers and drive the overall success of our central automation team.
- Foster an environment of innovation, identifying and delivering leading-edge projects that bring our automation capabilities into the future.
- Prioritize, direct and execute on roadmap items to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Uncover new opportunities to leverage automation across our G&A functions.
- Build “infrastructure” services that enable a highly resilient, low risk, easy to use automation stack.
- Use your voice as an automation expert, shaping guardrails on how this team’s tools should be used and ensuring that we’re solving business problems with the right tools for the job.
- Refine and standardize methodologies for intake, prioritization, delivery, and measuring the impact of our work.
- Measure and improve user satisfaction with our team’s tools via a focus on (internal) customer experience.
- Act as a collaborative business partner and a strong technical partner across HubSpot.
- Work with a variety of different technologies (iPaaS, PaaS, AI, SaaS, open-source, custom software - and combinations thereof) to solve impactful business problems
What we’re looking for:
- 7 yrs driving high impact, technical projects
- 2 yrs in people management or formal TL role
- Ability to run a rigorous team operating system
- Long-term, customer-focused mindset paired with remarkable collaboration skills
- Experience with RDBMS, SQL, ETL, and data integrations
- Experience creating automation and integrations with modern iPaaS and low code tools
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services
- Experience deploying AI within your business
- Strong understanding of how to select the right problems to solve, and how to build iteratively
Cash compensation range: 122500-227500 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.