About the role
Are you a native speaker of Japanese and a translation professional with an extensive background in localization and a love of marketing? As a Japanese Localization Specialist at HubSpot, you’ll play an important role in developing and shaping the HubSpot voice and style in Japanese to ensure that it’s clear, accessible, and culturally relevant for HubSpot customers and partners.
You’ll work with our Localization team, our Japanese-speaking colleagues, customers and partners, as well as our external translators and editors to build and improve our Japanese translations, terminology database, style guide, translation memories, and overall Japanese localization processes.
This is a full-time permanent position. This is not a freelance position.
- Review translated content from agencies and partners
- Review native content created internally or from agencies and partners
- Oversee the end-to-end production, from preparation of instructions, to LQA, DTP and QA.
- Organise the individual workload and timelines to meet project deadlines
- Assist the Localization Project Managers in scoping and planning projects
- Ensure the quality of deliverables by performing in context QA and implementing necessary edits
- Manage the relationship with stakeholders (Marketing, Support, Sales, Service teams)
- Be the back-up point of contact for linguistic decisions related to Japanese content
- Translate projects as required
- Extensive experience using CAT tools (preferably memoQ)
- Experience using TMS and project management tools (preferably Jira)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional translation and review/editing experience
- Experience translating marketing and technology-related content
- Experience localizing product UI strings
- Experience working with creative tools (preferably Adobe Suite)
- Experience developing and managing termbases and translation memories
- Outstanding communicator, articulate, fluid conversationalist
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.