Staff Product Analyst, Retention
Staff Product Analyst, Retention
Remote - USA
Staff Product Analysts are responsible for setting the standard for how data and analytics are performed and consumed within the Product organization and across HubSpot. This is an individual contributor leadership role, intended to reflect individuals who have the demonstrated capability of taking cross-functional, complex, and mission-critical projects and delivering success.
Product Operations works side-by-side with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering leadership to design and build better solutions for our customers, drawing on multiple sources of data (user event data, NPS, transactional data, etc) to discover what is going well, where we can improve, and what to build next. The Staff Analyst will be responsible for understanding how product usage drives retention for our customers. This role will collaborate not only with Product, but also Customer Success and Finance. You will solve broad-based usage questions around how users engage with our product, and how that usage impacts customer retention. This role will also examine new product features we develop and determine when and how to incorporate them into our existing models and metrics around usage.
In this role, you will operate with a high degree of autonomy in defining the highest impact strategic projects that best leverage the breadth and depth of your experience. You will split your time between execution on your own projects, and team leadership and development.
- Identify opportunities for novel applications of analytics and statistical modeling to provide a step-change improvement in HubSpot’s capabilities to achieve its strategic objectives
- Advise on the approach / analytical framework for high-complexity projects within Product Analytics; mentor analysts to help their projects succeed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve standards, process, approach, or delivery for analytics work across the org; advocate for improvements in architecture, data governance, or standards across HubSpot Analytics
- Build a deep understanding of your domain, including product usage & retention strategies
- Lead through the example of your own work by delivering projects that set the standard for utility, completeness, accuracy, interpretability, and extensibility
Example business domain:
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to understand how customers are using our product and how it drives retention.
- Build high-efficacy, production-ready models to identify trends and key drivers of customer retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies to improve retention and revenue growth.
- Create reports and dashboards to communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze customer usage and behavior to identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices related to customer retention and engagement.
- Academic or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- Masters or PhD in quantitative field not required, but a great indicator
- ~5 years minimum professional experience for most candidates.
- Track record of driving organization-wide impact in a business environment, influencing decision-making with data; ideally working with cross-functional, executive (C-level) stakeholders
- Experience with enterprise-scale analytics architectures built for a variety of applications (beyond SQL transformations/reporting)
- Ability to write performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Expertise with data analytics and statistical tools such as R or Python
- Confidence with a variety of analytical and statistical techniques; expertise with a subset
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated passion for teaching, mentoring, or developing teams - particularly without direct management
Cash compensation range: 155000-189000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.