Staff Software Engineer- Developer Platform Group
Staff Software Engineer- Developer Platform Group
Flex - Cambridge, Massachusetts
Do you get excited about the idea of building great developer tools? Are you the kind of engineer who thinks, “there should really be a tool/extension/library for this, so I guess I’ll create one”? If so, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for an experienced staff engineer who understands the value that great tooling provides while keeping a sharp focus on solving for our customers’ needs.
About the Team
Our group is responsible for the ecosystem of tools and resources that allow external developers to be productive building extensions and integrations on top of HubSpot’s platform and providing internal teams the capabilities needed to enable these developers to use their APIs and resources effectively. Our focus is on providing value to our customers by enabling the developers supporting them to build the best solutions for their business needs. We’re ramping up to provide more flexibility and customizability in our platform and we’re looking for deeply technical and customer-focused engineers to help guide the way. Our mission, though, is not to build neat products for developers. Rather, it is to build the right set of tools that allow developers to deliver value to our customers. This focus currently includes enabling CRM UI customizations, adding support for projects which can be linked to GitHub repositories, supporting portability of objects between HubSpot portals, and other ongoing platform extensibility opportunities. As we deliver these capabilities, we believe that the route to get there is to be laser-focused on delivering a compelling, low-friction developer experience.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be hands-on, writing code and contributing to the design and architecture of our systems, but will also help define and drive our teams toward the larger product vision. You’ll work across multiple teams, doing everything from delivering proof-of-concept projects to diving in when things go wrong and helping to resolve challenging production support concerns. As you get familiar with our products and vision, you’ll become a subject matter expert on our ecosystem and platform.
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience using or even building great developer-focused tooling and services.
- Have years of experience consistently delivering high-value, high-impact, cross-team projects. Staff and Principal Engineers are the most senior individual contributors at HubSpot. They are leaders that continually strive to raise the bar for the engineering organization as a whole and are expected to help drive the product vision forward through contributions to our overall architecture coupled with consistent, hands-on coding.
- Wish to stay hands-on in all technical aspects while leading a team of engineers and collaborating cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- Have a history of developing solutions to problems that have had an outsized impact on the organization’s business goals.
- Provide strategic direction for major projects.
- Push technologies and practices forward to improve the HubSpot ecosystem.
- Regularly mentor and teach engineers in their areas of expertise.
- Demonstrate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- A bias for fixing problems with technology rather than process.
- Enthusiasm for building reliable and scalable systems.
- Someone who never accepts the status quo; we need engineers who can see beyond what we have, and towards what we can build, while maintaining an understanding about how to get there.
- Proven ability to solve complicated technical problems and analyze trade-offs with empathy for the developers.
Cash compensation range: 218900-328400 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.