Senior Security Analyst (Monitoring & Detection)
Senior Security Analyst (Monitoring & Detection)
Remote - Ireland
The Senior Security Analyst is an integral contributor to the effectiveness of HubSpot's information security program. This person will participate in events requiring investigation, and will be responsible for determining impacts as well as executing remediations when required, coordinating cross departmental resources to ensure rapid response to suspicious activity. Additionally, they will drive operational improvements and efficiencies working toward a hybrid SOC model combining analysts and engineers. They will aspire to become a subject matter expert in both our information architecture as well as the tools, policies, and processes we utilize to protect it. This person will maintain timely knowledge of the evolving threat landscape in order to identify relevant risks and determine if adjustments are required. They will partner with other members of the information security team to ensure cohesive awareness of risk and our risk reduction capabilities, as well as collaborate with other departments who support our information security program.
In This Role You’ll:
- Monitor and respond to security events / security incidents
- Work with partner teams on security impactful projects
- Leverage an automation first mindset to work smarter / more efficiently
- Utilize your curiosity to identify vulnerabilities and gaps in internal and external applications, systems, and services
- Consult stakeholders on security-related subjects ranging from general OpSec, infrastructure architecture etc
- Foster engagement and progression of junior team members
- Hands-on security operations experience working within a modern zero trust oriented cloud / SaaS-heavy environment
- Strong understanding of incident response best practices with practical experience responding to moderate to complex security incidents
- Ability to collect / analyze large sets of structured / unstructured data from disparate sources
- Solid experience using SIEM tools (Splunk) for security investigations
- Experience using various security tools (EDR, web proxy, IDaaS etc) to assist with an investigation
- Strong networking and systems knowledge with a good understanding of macOS and Windows internals
- Experience working collaboratively to define and implement security policies, procedures, and controls
- Experience providing internal security consultancy / advice to other teams within the company
- Experience using code (Python / Powershell) to solve problems, facilitate easier data analysis, and to automate security tasks
- Acutely aware of industry security trends, advisories, news, and general research
Ideal Candidate (5+ years general security experience):
- Deep knowledge of macOS and Windows internals and practical experience using it to secure such systems
- Experience in detection engineering processes / behaviors
- Experience monitoring / securing AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud environments
- Knowledge of containerization software and how to secure them (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack)
- Experience using automation tools / frameworks / applications
- Experience conducting data analysis using tools such as R, Tableau, PowerBI, Jupyter Notebook
- Planning, coordinating, and / or executing security assessments of networks, systems, applications, and cloud platforms
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.