Principal UX Researcher
Remote - Ontario, Canada
At HubSpot our core value is to Solve for the Customer. The UX team lives this everyday as we strive to better understand, serve, and delight our customers. We help more than 125,000 small and medium-sized businesses grow their businesses everyday!
If you’re a UX Research Principal interested in working in a fast-paced SaaS tech environment and excited to drive forward strategic research projects with demonstrated impact - we’d love to hear from you.
What’s UX Research like at HubSpot?
- You will be part of a community of 40+ researchers from a Head of Research, Directors, and other peers.
- You will be empowered to show up as your authentic self and be based where you can do your best work: at home, in the office, or any mix of both.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Inform and execute against UX research roadmaps for a core product and experience, addressing aspects of software.
- Provide thought leadership to partners and decision makers at all levels of the organization, effectively communicating durable insights through writing, presentations, and conversations to build consensus and persuade action based on findings.
- Contribute to the creation of customer experience tools and frameworks (archetypes, journey maps, UX benchmarks).
- Collaborate with other researchers across Hubspot to raise the bar for research and align on best practices.
We are looking for:
- Emotional resilience and self-organization - since we work in fast-paced environments where you can pave the way through ambiguity.
- Deep knowledge of mixed research methods and the ability to apply research methods appropriate to the questions at hand and adapt methods as needed to align organization and product needs.
- Ability to work with and influence partners to explore ambiguous spaces and create meaningful and usable solutions.
- Business expertise: ability to understand business drivers and provide research consultation.
- Entrepreneurial and curious mindset, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation skills - Hubspot’s culture gives us the opportunity to work with small autonomous teams so there is a need of alignment both async and through group meetings.
Base compensation range: 153,800-200,000 CAD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?