Senior Manager, Accounting
Remote - USA
HubSpot is looking for a Senior Manager of Accounting to support our growing core accounting organization of ~15 people. The core accounting team plays a critical role in ensuring complete and accurate accounting and financial reporting. This role will report directly into the Corporate Controller. The Senior Manager of Accounting will be one of the key individuals responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting department and the worldwide close and consolidation. The role will be a key contributor to SOX processes and controls and interact with FP&A, legal, and other departments to ensure that HubSpot is compliant with all aspects of US GAAP and SEC regulations. The role will manage, coach, and develop several direct reports and be one of the key leaders in the accounting organization.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Manage and own (along with two other roles) the month-end close process, overseeing core accounting staff and ensuring the close is performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform detailed reviews of key accounting areas that may include but are not limited to capitalized software, sales commissions, partner commissions, fixed assets, prepaids, AP, cash, and more
- Complete key monthly reconciliations and journal entries for more complex accounting areas
- Gain broad exposure across the accounting function, which will not only provide leverage across the accounting team but also allow for this leader to obtain a depth of accounting experience that may be challenging to find at many companies
- Leverage prior experience to identify and drive process improvements to scale the accounting team for continued company top-line growth and to achieve best in class operational effectiveness and efficiency. This includes “getting out of spreadsheets” by systematizing key reports, helping identify and implement third party tools that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team, and leveraging artificial intelligence (“AI”) to automate routine processes.
- Maintain accurate SOX financial process documentation, manage the execution and documentation of monthly, quarterly and annual SOX controls, and liaise with the IT team to ensure a seamless integration of appropriate IT SOX controls
- Be an owner and manager of the internal and external financial statement and SOX audits
- Play a key role to ensure accounting and FP&A are aligned
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as system implementations, office openings and set-up, etc.
- Lead challenging one-off monthly close accounting tasks/challenges/projects
We’re looking for people who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA required
- 5-7 years of core accounting experience overall, with 3-5+ years in public accounting a plus
- Experience in the accounting function (or auditing) publicly traded companies required and experience in the technology industry (specifically SaaS) preferred but not required
- Expert in US GAAP applicable to the technology industry and demonstrated ability to teach technical accounting concepts to team members and other finance professionals
- Experience managing teams and individuals, with a heavy focus on career growth
- Proven history of executing a timely close process (or audit) in a deadline driven environment
- Process improvement mindset with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Willingness to “roll-up the sleeves” and get things done in addition to delegating work
- Ability to speak in layman’s terms when it comes to technical accounting matters and explain issues at a level that the business can understand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Must be flexible and available to work with employees at all levels of the organization
Cash compensation range: 132300-211700 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?