PR Specialist - 6 month contract
Who are we?
HubSpot is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform for scaling companies. Tens of thousands of customers all over the world use our marketing, sales, and customer success software to grow their businesses. It's our mission to not just help them grow, but to help them grow better.
At HubSpot, we believe that our values live in our hearts, not our hallways. We want to build a company where people feel empowered to do their best work, wherever they are. This is a full-time, six-month maternity leave cover and is a hybrid role with the option to be based fully-remote in Australia or work flexibly from our office in Sydney.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a strategic and creative thinker, and a gun storyteller with PR experience to join HubSpot’s APAC Marketing team as our PR Specialist. We’re at a very exciting time in our growth in the market and you’ll have the critical role of helping build brand awareness of HubSpot as a CRM Platform that helps businesses in ANZ grow through our public relations work.
You’ll own our day-to-day PR work in Australia, working closely with our Head of Brand & Awareness for APAC, our PR agency and our wider APAC marketing team, on campaigns and initiatives. You’ll also be responsible for our local customer programing, including launching and running our customer advocacy program and leveraging customer stories to drive awareness.
You’ll be joining a highly collaborative team with a reputation for innovation. We thrive on fast-paced work and in any given week you might be developing story ideas from new local research, collaborating with our agency on the media strategy for an upcoming campaign, preparing spokespeople for media interviews, speaking with customers and creating content that showcases how HubSpot helps Aussie businesses grow, and planning an exclusive roundtable for our advocacy program.
What will you do?
PR & Awareness:
- Work with the Head of APAC Brand & Awareness to execute on our established H2 PR plan that drives our brand awareness and business objectives forward in Australia.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including our local PR agency, APAC marketing
team and global comms team on campaigns and initiatives - including developing local-first stories, leveraging new data and research to create news for HubSpot in Australia, and leveraging relevant global campaigns and announcements locally.
- Support the development of media materials, including press releases, bylines, briefing books, and coordinate media opportunities by working with our agency and spokespeople to prepare for opportunities.
- Manage our media reporting process, including tracking and reporting on active opportunities and monthly reporting.
- Amplify local and regional campaigns and announcements, and build visibility of our ANZ leaders by executing our local social thought-leadership program on LinkedIn.
- Assist in the content development of season three of our local podcast, collaborating with our ANZ marketing manager on the project.
- Work with the APAC Marketing Director to launch and run our new exclusive customer advocacy program in Australia, designed to develop high profile customers into brand champions. You’ll arrange a number of exclusive opportunities for these customers including HubSpot executive AMA’s (ask me anything) and quarterly networking lunch events.
- Hero HubSpot’s customers by facilitating discovery calls to learn and understand their business, and how they use HubSpot to grow. You’ll identify opportunities to showcase these stories across our key mediums in the region including earned media, social media and case studies for sales.
Who are you?
- Three years’ public relations (or similar) experience, including experience working in a similar role in Australia and a strong understanding of the media landscape here. Experience working in B2B, technology/SaaS a bonus.
- A strong understanding and interest in the Australian business landscape - we spend a ton of time developing stories and campaigns about how businesses grow, the challenges they face and where technology fits.
- Proven experience developing your own story ideas to support business or campaign goals, and experience leveraging data for PR purposes - e.g understanding how to use research/survey data to shape a story.
- A team player. The APAC team is highly innovative and collaborative - you’ll contribute with your ideas and collaborate on regional projects, but are equally comfortable working autonomously on your own scope of work.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills - you’ve got strong attention to detail and can write and edit for a range of mediums - from bylines and press releases, to social thought-leadership posts and case studies.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills - we move quickly at HubSpot, often work asynchronously and are juggling a few different projects at once. Strong organisational skills, and experience using tools like Asana and Slack, will serve you very well.
- You may be asked to travel domestically to run small customer engagements or support the team with events.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?