Director, Global Compensation
Remote - USA
Director, Global Compensation
HubSpot is looking for a Director of Global Compensation who will play a key role on our People Operations team. This role will be responsible for actively managing our global compensation strategy and employee financial initiatives for our largest business segments of FlyWheel Pillar (e.g. sales, customer service, marketing, etc) and Company Pillar (e.g. HR, Legal, Finance, etc). In this capacity, this leader will help identify and drive initiatives to provide fair and equitable pay to all of our global employees. You’ll be at the forefront of a growing global team at a growing company with the ability to influence and drive innovation. This leader will be leading a team to help design, implement and administer compensation policies, programs, and processes where applicable. The Director of Global Compensation will build collaborative partnerships with HR Business Partners and key stakeholders and leaders in the business to deliver innovative solutions for compensation, total rewards, and broader HR initiatives.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Establish a compensation philosophy and partner across Human Resources and the business leaders to ensure compensation programs are designed and delivered in alignment with compensation, total rewards, and company objectives
- Design, communicate and implement compensation programs and processes that are used across HubSpot’s global locations
- Lead on principles and design regarding our equity plans.
- Build strong relationships with Finance, Legal, Recruiting, HR Business Partners and Business Leaders
- Provide consultation and partnership to identify needs and priorities; including conducting market research, internal analysis, establishing design principles, outlining implications through modeling, determining employee and cost impacts, and creating communications to the business
- Partner with the DI&B team to ensure we monitor and measure our programs to prevent bias in our strategies and equal pay principles
- Lead the Annual Compensation Review process and all related workstreams.
- Manage the annual market analysis for assigned client groups including involvement in data preparation, data analysis, development and delivery of observations, and recommendations to business leaders
- Influence the direction and design innovative solutions for compensation programs by understanding the business, anticipating and diagnosing functional needs
- Maintain current knowledge of legal and market topics to ensure compliance including Equal Pay, minimum wage, living wage and FLSA
- Provide guidance and support for C-Level and Executive compensation and work with the compensation committee on evaluations
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- A desire to be part of a high-growth company that leads with HEART (Humble, Empathetic, Adaptable, Remarkable, Transparent)
- Relevant experience leading a global compensation function is required
- Extensive knowledge of compensation practices and theory including experience in compensation program design and project management, sales compensation design and administration experience a plus
- Proven track record of designing and implementing pay & equity structures in a large global publicly traded company (North America, LatAM, Europe and Asia)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills with the proven ability to build collaborative partnerships within HR and with Business leaders to recommend compensation solutions that solve business problems
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in simple terms to various audiences
- Advanced Excel skills and spreadsheet analysis with strong PowerPoint skills with the ability to build audience-specific presentations
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and financial modeling skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize and accomplish objectives independently and proactively and navigate within a growing organization
Cash compensation range: 177000-283000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?