Payroll Analyst, Canada
Remote - Ontario, Canada
A global company with headquarters in Cambridge, MA. HubSpot transforms how organizations market and sell. Through its unique approach to company culture, HubSpot has also redefined how people work and live.
We are looking for an individual with a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. The preferred candidate must have Canadian payroll processing and payroll system knowledge, the ability to work independently, must have a strong passion for customer service and be able to work in a fast paced environment. We’re looking for someone who can take our Canadian payroll function to the next level with remote work and who will drive the charge to streamline our Canadian payroll processes with automation, all while maintaining compliance.
- Process biweekly payroll for Canada (all provinces) for 2,000+ employees
- Ensure employee wages are paid in accordance with all applicable provincial regulations and collective bargaining agreements
- Ensure employee payroll deductions are properly calculated and deducted (benefits, wage garnishments, taxes)
- Process all taxable income, awards, gift cards, relocation expenses, etc.
- Issue Records of Employment, and complete Service Canada requests for Payroll information
- Perform payroll audits on a periodic, quarterly, and annual basis as well as process wage, and tax adjustments as needed
- Troubleshoot issues and errors with HR, Finance and employees as needed to ensure timely resolution
- Engage with employees to respond to their queries and external agencies on matters relating to payroll
- Collaborate across different teams to streamline payroll processes
- Assist in quarter-end and year-end processes, ensure annual T-4’s and RL-1’s are accurate and process corrections as needed
- Knowledge of internal controls, SOX documentation and control testing experience
- Add value by bringing innovative thinking and automation to enhance processes
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy of information and reconciliation of data across systems
- Ability to own and complete complex and sensitive projects as needed
- Must be Bilingual in French and English, written and spoken
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience working in a payroll related position
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Payroll rules/legislation and local/employment legislation a requirement
- Experience in processing US Payroll a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in payroll tax, accounting or related field required
- Multi-tax experience a must
- Expatriate payroll processing strongly preferred
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload
- Exceptional organization and analytical skills
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced high performing environment
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Maintain a high regard for confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including V-lookups and pivot tables
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?