Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Growth Acquisition
At HubSpot, we have been on an incredible journey building world-class CRM, Marketing, Sales, and Services products that help small and medium-size businesses grow.
More and more of HubSpot's customers start their journey as free users, rather than starting by speaking to a sales rep. We are excited to accelerate this freemium business with our Growth Product Group.
The Growth Product Group is an influential team with a big mission. We want to help millions of organisations around the world grow by empowering people to discover, adopt, and buy HubSpot’s products the way they want to. To achieve this, we focus on acquisition, onboarding, retention, and monetisation across the entire HubSpot product platform.
Within Growth, the Acquisition Group aims to motivate and reassure potential customers that HubSpot is the right choice for them. A frictionless and conversational journey from discovery to team usage, which demonstrates the value and matches their business objective, where they feel validated in their choice.
As a senior backend engineer on Growth Acquisition, you will:
- Help high-value users to find and start their journey with HubSpot
- Support Acquisition, Distribution and Affiliations initiatives, building APIs and tools that will help Signup, Integrations and Partnerships
- Write and ship production code that has meaningful user and business impact
- Envision, build and analyze new features and tools, each contributing to company growth and revenue
- Work with a small cross-functional team of engineers, PMs, designers, content designers, and researchers
- Collaborate with HubSpotters all over the company, whether in engineering, product, design, research, marketing, sales, etc
- Help HubSpot users meet their goals, via changes you’ve made
- Implement experiments that give us valuable insights into user behavior and how to improve their experience
- Get exposure to how HubSpot works as a business
You may be a fit if:
- You have back-end development experience. We work with Java primarily, but experience with specific technologies is secondary to strong programming fundamentals.
- You have or are interested in developing data analysis skills. You’re not afraid to dive into Amplitude, Looker, Excel, or other data analysis tools and collaborate with our ops and analytics teams.
- You are interested in becoming a master of the experimentation process and A/B tests.
- You have a strong focus on the user. You can gain empathy for their challenges and understand how they may flow through our product.
- You not only get excited about big, technical challenges but also about being very close to the business and our go-to-market strategies
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?