UK/I Customer Success Manager
HubSpot is looking for a UK/I Customer Success Manager who is interested in using creativity to solve problems, build long-term relationships with businesses, and help their customers use software to achieve their inbound goals. Customer Success Managers are the trusted inbound advisors for each of their customers. They have an intimate understanding of how their businesses work and what the businesses need to grow and thrive. In working with your customers, you will find that no two of them are the same. In the morning, you could be working with the Marketing Manager at a carpet manufacturer about how to rank for the keyword “stain resistant carpet” through more effective blogging. In the afternoon, you could be talking to the CMO of a software company about how to convert more of their free trials into customers through marketing automation and the sales platform.
This role is open for fully remote working, flexible working, or in the office in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain or The Netherlands
- Manage 100 – 200 customer relationships. Some of your customers will be new while others may have been using HubSpot for several years.
- Work with your customers on a regular basis to understand their goals and aligning them with the necessary resources to achieve them.
- Partner with different teams at HubSpot to 'solve for the customer' including onboarding, up-sell/x-sell, and renewals. Along the way, you will get to know HubSpot’s software incredibly well and help your customers fully adopt the platform.
- Your day-to-day is a mix of proactive and reactive work, and CSMs have a lot of autonomy in managing their “book of business”. The proactive work includes 4-5 scheduled deep-dive meetings per day with customers, where you review their progress, make strategic and tactical recommendations, and keep them up to date on the latest and greatest features from HubSpot. The reactive work runs the gamut from questions about invoices to “how to” questions about the software
- Promote the growth of your install base by uncovering, scoping and qualifying opportunities where customers can use more Hubspot products and services to ensure customer retention and growth
- Understand technical roadblocks and make recommendations on solution implementation and core integrations using Hubspot to overcome them
If you’re stimulated by problem solving - whether it’s a business or technical challenge – this is the role for you.
To excel in this role you will need to have:
- Extensive experience in a client-facing/account management role
- Fluency in English
- Business savvy with consultative, problem solving, and issue resolution skills
- Strong knowledge of the media/digital landscape
- Motivated self-starter who is hungry to learn and can provide strong examples of how they have achieved results while balancing demanding expectations
- Super organised, quick learner who works well under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills, comfortable navigating financial conversations, and dealing with cancellations
- It’s easy for you to build and maintain relationships, manage expectations, and identify issues that require escalation
- Knowledge of Inbound Marketing or the aptitude to learn it quickly and independently are required
- Support an on-going partner relationship to maximise acquisition, retention, and up-sell rates
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?